1.21.2008

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.10

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.10

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

             I remember as a young teenager with a bright future and an acne beard, Tim was 25 years old and I say that he too had some acne problems at that age.  I said to him that I can't wait until I am 25 and have acne.   He told me that it would happen.  I think that he is a prophet or something because sure enough I am almost 25 and this past week on Thursday I woke up with a terrible beneath my skin.   As I touch it I knew for a fact that it was a zit as big as they can get.  It hurt all day Thursday and through Friday.   Saturday I woke up to Jenny poking it and saying that thing is so huge, let me pop it.  At first I was very nervous.  I for saw her being covered in zit puss.   I mean this zit was so big that it was uncomfortable to be alive until it was taking care of.  Before I let Jenny pop it I had to take some pictures of it.   So, on the blog you can see a picture of it.  It is super gross.  Jenny, who is my expert zit popper aka pimple popper M.D., she gritted her teeth and dove in.  After the initial explosion she had to stop and get couple of tissues in order to finish the job properly.  The job is done I am back to normal.  I can now walk around outside without a scarf on my face to hide the monster of a zit.  Acne jokes have been rumored to of gone out of style but really they are still just as cool as they back when Zack, on Saved by the Bell, made his special zit cream that initially got rid of the zit but then turned your whole face red.   Oh man when does Zack attack not screw up?  P.S. Saved by the Bell is still just as awesome as it was 10 years ago.   Is it okay to put a post script in the middle of the text?  Brittany if you could correct me on that, it would be much appreciated. 

            Trivia Time:   Last week's winners were Tim, Jenny and Danny.  Although they didn't really get it right they knew that the King of Hearts existed.    The real thing that the King of Hearts does not have is a Mustache.  This week you have to go to the blog and play where is the zit on Eric's face.  Good luck!

            Now for some news you might have missed… A homeowner in Russia got a fun surprise, when the Russian military accidentally fired a missile into his house.  Russia's military offered compensation to him on Thursday, after the missile veered off course during a training exercise. The fact that is was described as a 'small rocket' is presumably a relief to the man.   Russian Internet chatrooms were buzzing late Wednesday after local news agencies reported that 'an unidentified flying object dropped two bombs near Moscow.'   A defense ministry official told Reuters two rockets had gone astray during a military exercise near Moscow on Wednesday afternoon. One hit the roof of an unoccupied house 2.2 miles away.   'The damage is estimated at 60,000 rubles (£1,250). It will be compensated for in two days,' said Yevgeny Konashenkov, spokesman for Russian land troops.  'The owner of the house treats the incident with understanding. He has no legal claims.'  Luckily for the nearby compound of cottage houses, the rockets had disconnected at launch from the load of explosives which they normally carry to clear minefields. Which will come as a comfort to all the residents, we're sure. ( http://www.metro.co.uk/weird)

 

Have a good week I know I will.  

Eric Jones

The Blog www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: