2.03.2008

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.12

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.12

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

This week I released that my maturity level has hit a new high. As all you who know me, know that my maturation in all of its forms has taken longer than the average human male. But low and behold as I realize every week I get a little more mature. I will now share the story of how I know that I am more mature. While riding Trax on Friday I had to get off the train before the crowds get off. The trains were extra crowded due to the patrons going down to see President Hinckley one last time. So by the time I got on the train, downtown it was standing room only. I was smashed between two men that have either been working really hard that day or they had not been working at all for a long time. Either way let's just say they stunk like a can of beans that had been open for more than a week. That is a gross smell just in case none of you had smelt it before. Anyway, carrying on, I needed to get off the train; as the station approached I played it safe and began to make my way to the door. Turning towards the stinker of the two men I said, "Excuse me." In a soft gentle voice. Then after I was completely passed the man I heard in a voice as gruff as has my beard, "You should say please too!" I simply responded, "Oh sorry, please." That is when I realized that I have changed for the better? The old Eric would have said something along the lines of, "Oh you mean like, could you please take a shower before you get on the train!" Man my life used to be a lot angrier. What a world!

The answer to last week's Trivia Time is Giants win*. This week's question is How fuzzy is fuzzy wazzie? The prize is knowing the answer to this age old question

So Jenny and I after reading that Andrea got Netflix for her birthday we have been trying it out to see if we like it or not. I have to tell you that we certainly have enjoyed watching the free movies online. They have a great selection of old movies to watch. Also we watched an episode of Saved by the Bell. So far I have to say that I like it a lot more than I thought I would. Jenny and I enjoyed the first night an old Hitchcock classic entitled Dial M for Murder. If you have not seen it then I recommend that you check it out. It was one that my mom had me watch when I was young kid. Really it is great movie all around. But last night we watched a movie that was better than that. It was called How to Steal a Million Dollars. With Audrey Hepburn and Peter O'Toole. It was fantastic. The movie was full of great characters and awesome one liners. If you liked old movies, like Jenny and I because they aren't full of grossness then you will really like this old Audrey Hepburn classic.

Have a good week I know I will.

Eric Jones

The Blog www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

*Please note that I did type this before the Super Bowl was played and so if the Patriots then the answer was the Patriots.

1 comment:

Brianne & Jarod said...

Hi Eric..I just wanted to tell you that I LOVE reading your blog. If I am looking for a good laugh this is where I come. You are incredibly WITTY and TALENTED! You are an amazing writer! I can't believe how "grown up" Andrea's lil' bro is ;) I feel so old! LOVED the story about the ride on trax! It was super funny!