9.15.2008

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.43

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.43

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

            So this weekend my world almost was shattered.  I was on my way to the store to but some more stuff that I needed, let's see I bought, snickers, a Pepsi, a small bag of peanuts and two tickets to the small animal circus.  But that has nothing to do with what I am about to tell you.  I was on my way listening to the radio.  I have become a radio jumper, this is a person that doesn't listen to one station but rather jumps from station to station trying to find a song.  So anyway, I was radio jumping when I heard three quick piano strokes and I knew that was the station for me.  Then a man began to sing, "Children behave, that's what they say when we're together…" The song continued on, I thought, "Hey this isn't Tiffany!"  It was a man and he was singing it weird still.  I thought, "Who dared remark this song?"  Then I realized I had jumped to Oldies 94.1!  That meant that Tiffany remade the song from that guy.  Oh man, my mouth was so open it hurt.  I couldn't get a grip on my life I could see spinning and that was it.  I had danced the night away so many times to that song thinking about how awesome Tiffany is.  Then to find out that she didn't even write that song.  What a world we live in.  The worst part is I told Jenny in hopes to get some comfort and do you know what she told me?  She says to me to she says, "You know that song Locomotion?"  I could see what was coming but couldn't do anything about it.  It was like a speeding train that I couldn't get out of the way of.  She says, "Locomotion is a re-make too!"   "NO!!!!!!" I shouted into the night air, what a world.  Finding out that I have begun to wonder what else is this world lying to me about?  Turns out a lot.

 

Trivia Time:  So last week the only winner was Andrea, she knew that it was Time.  Good Job!  This week's question is what is the best remake of all time?

 

Beat the Odds Tip:  If you ever find yourself trapped in an alternate reality make sure to gather as much money as possible because in one reality you can be a billionaire and the other you're still a jerk.

 

            In closing, I built a gate.  It is pretty cool the gate is an opening in the fence, that I filed with some wood and put hinges on that wood.  Now that wood allows me access to the other part of my yard.   This is part of the yard that when Payton saw it he said, "Whoa, you could have somebody else live over here."  I told him, "Yeah, this is big over here."  He responded in the affirmative, and then I made my mistake and said, "Yeah, I have big lot here, huh?"  To which he said, "No, you just have a small house."  I thought that was great, it showed that he was a critical thinker but I know that he also likes to have a good time, which is good for a young kid because he shouldn't be critically all of the time.  Kids of today are different than I was.  Also I just wanted to mention something great about the fence.  Jenny put her first fence posts in the ground.  I asked her when were putting the posts in the ground, "So did put a lot of these in the ground when you were a kid?"  She said, "No."  This is yet another thing that was not disclosed in our marriage agreement.  So now I know that she hasn't been trained in lawns or fence posts I am beginning to think that this wasn't as sound an investment as I had I originally thought.

 

Have a good week I know I will now keep your fingers crossed.

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

 

PS Just in case you don't know I am joking about that whole in investment thing.  She has been the best thing to happen in my life since the invention of hoodies.


No comments: