10.06.2008

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.46 (Its Monday Lunch)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.46

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

            I love music.  However, my time that I have been able to devote to music has increasingly been eaten away by school.  School you are the ruinner of now but the builder of tomorrow.  So I guess you can stay.  But anyway I have a list of artists or bands that I want to see in concert.  Neil Diamond is at the top of the list because some of the other people died before I had the opportunity to see them.  Any who, the last time Neil was here I didn't get tickets but this year is a different story.  Today at 10 in the morning the tickets went on sale and I was there waiting for those tickets.  Oh man this is exciting like Christmas morning.  In fact I will call this gift my Christmas gift for me from me.  Oh what a sweet Christmas day this will be.  All presents open and Jenny and I will be talking about Christ and mas.  Mas means more.  Well all I can say is that is that Christmas comes but once a year and why are we wasting our time with holidays like Halloween and Thanksgiving?  I think I fell in love with Neil Diamond in Middle School when I heard a young man do an impression of him.  It was a magical song, lyrics, music and voice Neil has it all.  You would think, as he gets older that he would lose a step or two but you know what he hasn't.  Pure Gold baby!  Pure Gold!

Other notables that are still alive and on my list are:

·        Willie Nelson

·        Tom Jones

·        Snoop Dogg

I think that those are good enough for now.

                                   

Trivia Time:  Internet said that a typical chicken lays around 300 eggs a year.  So Danny and my Nephew Ashton win last week's trivia question.  This week's question is how awesome is Neil Diamond?

 

Beat the Odds Tip:  When you have to opportunity to go to a Neil Diamond concert don't let it slip away. 

 

            With the spawn of October 2008 we have now entered into what I refer to as Sports Heaven.  The NFL is starting to shape up and we are seeing the teams that will make history and other teams that will be history.  Then we have the MLB that is winding down.  I think that the Baseball post-season is my favorite post-season.  Then the NBA is starting to come alive.  But really you don't have to watch the NBA until January.  The point is that sports are good and now that we have Real this time of year is getting that much better.

           

Have a good week I know I will now keep your fingers crossed.

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

 

 

No comments: