10.19.2008

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.48 (Back to the people)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.48

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

So this past week I did some field research up in Wyoming.  They have a beautiful little wind farm near the town of Mountain View, oh and Andrea and JDub live up there.  I killed two birds with one stone.  It was fun to go up and watch Ashton play a soccer game.  He did really well, however it seemed like he was more interested in chasing his shadow rather than the ball.  Which is fine for now, but if he wants to represent this country in the Olympics he is really going to have to focus on the ball.  I think the best part after the game was when I turned the Rays Sox game on to see what the score was.  Ashton was enthralled with the game after I told him that Baseball is like a big Chess game with bats.  I think that he thought I meant the flying type of bat.  Anyway, I asked him if he was going to play baseball.  He said yes, and then he said he was not old enough to play.  So I asked, "How old do you have to be to play baseball?"  Quickly he responded, as if he had read a book on this topic, "14."  I thought that was a good age to start playing.  Then I asked the same of basketball.  Turns out you have to be 16 to play that sport.  I kept it going, in order to see how old you have to be to play other sports like soccer you have to be 40.  I thought that was a little old so I told him that I play soccer.  Then I asked, "How old am I?"  He said confidently, "40!"  Alright, Andrea hearing this conversation she asked, "How old am I?" "You are 60." Said Ashton, again with gusto.  So when JDub's mom came in the room we asked him how old she is to which he responded with a sweet look on his face, "You are just the right age."  Kids are a lot smarter than we think.

Just a quick side note.  Jenny says on a scale of 1 – 10 I am an 8 of appearing like a homeless person.

Trivia Time:  Last week's answers were more of congratulations.  But for those of you that said she would not let me go again, you are wrong; just think about her going to the doctor without me.  What a bore!  This week's question is what is the quickest way to a man's heart?

Beat the Odds Tip: Always bet on red!

With history becoming a reality today I am pleased to say that once again I got what I wanted.  Phillies and Rays in the World Series.  If I had to relate this to life, this time of the year is like taking a test and leaving the test thinking you did bad then boom nailing it.  Or maybe it is like you have this big craft competition and you make a craft that is subpar, even by my standards, and you get to the big craft off and boom you have the top craft of the crafty ladies.  I think that my mom competed in something like this when she was younger.  She would have won but she said that the person next to her shot her target or something.  I may be getting stories mixed up.   I don't know she writes in cursive and I have a hard time reading it.  Anyway, two of the three championship teams have fallen from the Boston area.  One more to go!  Let's just say I know an AK-47 that has plans for the third team.  Right Danny?  Any who, the World Series is in the air and I can't enough.  The toughest part is finding things that I can do to distract Jenny so I can watch the game.  Like last year we played Rummikub, that worked.  This year I think that I will tie her up.

Have a good week I know I will.  

Eric Jones

The Blog www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: