11.17.2008

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.52

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.52

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

            As I sit here and look at Vol. 3.52, which means that, I am at the end of the fourth year.  This is nuts.  I have been writing this letter based on a joke that I said on a blind date with a tall girl.  I only remember two things about that date, one I was sleepy and two it was snowing oh adding a third thing I remembered this newsletter.  Crazy things have happened since I began writing this letter every week and even crazier things probably will continue to happen.  This world is full of crazy people with crazy stories.  If you don't believe me then you can just ride Utah public transportation.  You can run into anybody on that thing.  When it snowed like two weeks ago I got on the train and a lady said, "You need a coat."  I told her that I have not owned a coat since I was in High School.  She was appalled to say the least at this comment.  Then somehow she started talking about her cat.  She informed me that her cat is a like a watchdog.  She kept calling the cat her watchcat.  Which is crazy.  Because if a cat started to attack me I would just step around it.  But anyway she claims the cat saved her from being beat up one day.  I guess the person or thing that was trying to beat her up might have been a large collection of string.

                                               

Trivia Time:  Thank you for your answers to the trivia question from last week.  It was more of a trick question because; you would either have to be on the moon or blind to not read this.  But if you are blind then your Seeing Eye Cat could read it to you.  This week's question is what will be the outcome of this week's football game?  Or I guess a better question is how much is Utah going to win by?  If you think less than 40, guess again.

 

Beat the Odds Tip:  Playing dead doesn't only work with bears but also in work meetings.

 

            So as I informed some people a few weeks ago that I was riding on cloud 9 for sports, since then I have come crashing back down to earth.  The Jazz started 5-0 and I thought that they could potentially go 82-0. But alas that was just wishful thinking.  If they keep this pace up they will finish 55-27 which is still pretty good.  Then I thought for sure that Real was going to go the MLS Cup but when Mathis plays the whole game there is no way Real wins.  Look it up if you don't believe.  I think that the Father stated it best when he said, "When Mathis in on the field the other team as a one person advantage."  Then there is the Utes oh wait they are still riding high and will be until next season.  The Utes are my only hope for a successful end to my Sports Heaven '08.  Oh wait also my Fantasy Football teams are also doing pretty well too.  I am a combined 11-7 and after this week will be a combined 13-7.  That is awesome.  This week if all goes well, you will all see my celebration dance as the Utes beat BYU by at least 4 touchdowns!

           

Have a good week I know I will now keep your fingers crossed.

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: