1.12.2009

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.07 (Read 'em and Eat)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.07

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

In the faith there are always strange opportunities to do funny things.  Like teaching primary.  It is strange to think that I am responsible for the learning of 7 young 10 and 11 year olds.  On the flip side I can't enough of their funny answers.  I was teaching them about the apostasy.  A very complex topic if you make it so, so I tried not to.  I began by teaching about the church established by Jesus when he was on the earth then reading the classic Amos verse.  You know to build suspense in the story because I didn't want the kids to think it was all cream cheese for Jesus and the apostles of old.  So then I got to the falling away from God part of the Apostasy and then I asked a great question,  "What would your life be like if you didn't have parents to guide you through it?"  They began to say answers like, "We would break a lot of rules."  "We would not be very good people."  Then one of the kids quietly, to himself, said, "With all of those rules that we are breaking we are going to get a lot of spankings."  I thought to myself that couldn't more true.  Spiritually speaking.  Kids really do say the dandiest things but what kids say most of the time is just pure non-sense that is very rarely on topic.  As I think about that I can't help but wonder what kind of a kid I was.  Oh wait I was that annoying kid that didn't pay attention and when I did I was mostly looking for a place to insert a joke.  Oh I guess I am receiving my spiritual spankings from God, now.  Oh what a world.

                                   

Trivia Time:  Last week's winners were Danny, "Because the Dirty Dirty just got a little more dirty?" and Zach, "Alabama is to busy producing Mega hits like Angels among us and If You're gonna play in Texas also I'm in a Hurry. They don't have time to worry about football." This week's question is how many Disney Animated movies have been made or how many Presidents of the United States have there been?  It is the same number.

 

Beat the Odds Tip:  The worst things for teeth are secrets.

 

This is going to be another Mormony section.  This past week Jenny and I watched a documentary called Expelled.  It is a movie done by Ben Stein, you know the Clear Eyes guy.  It is about the fact that Evolution is the only excepted explanation for the beginnings of life here on this life.  I am going to tell you what happens in the end because it is a documentary and the end does not ruin the movie; rather it should wet your taster to see it.  So Ben sits down with the leading voice against the existence of God and intelligent design.  After debating for several minutes about Evolution and the big hole that is left in the theory at the beginning about how life began to form.  He asks him several times about God and finally the guy says that this is what could have possibly happened.  "A being/life forms became so intelligent that they came to this planet and seeded life on this earth and from those seeds life began to form."  Is that not what Mormons believe? Or I think Joseph Smith said like this in the mid 1800's in Nauvoo.  As God once was man is and as God is man can become (Not verbatim).  If you like to learn and like documentaries then you should watch Expelled.  If not then you should watch Eagle Eye.

 

           

Have a good week I know I will now keep your fingers crossed.

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: