1.20.2009

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.08 (Eric for President: this one isn't doing anything)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.08

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

            With the start of a new semester there is the getting used to a new classroom a new professor or having to work with somebody that doesn't have as good as dental hygiene as you do. I mean come on people; I used to be the poster child for Trident.  You know, if you can brush chew.  I chewed and I chewed a lot.  Turns out I almost only had time to brush on Sundays.  But now that I am married and want to have somebody within 15 feet of me I tend to brush a little more frequently.  I just think that if you know that you are going to be working closely with somebody, you would take the time and throw something in your mouth like a mint.  Anyway, where was I?  Oh yes getting used to new stuff.  It is funny to think that I am 14 weeks away from getting out into the real world.  I used think that college was just a thing that I was going to do for ever.  Turns out that after awhile they really don't want all of your money and want you to leave and get a life.  The thing I have noticed though is that even after people graduate their respective college still wants money from them.  Oh man it never stops.  I am already giving a portion of my income to a college I don't even attend.  I mean hello there good looking how are you?  Does anybody else stand outside at 5:30 AM?  It is cold as can be out there.  I do it on Tuesday and Thursday or I have started to call them Hellsdays. 

                                   

Trivia Time:  Last week's winner was Brady he is aware of both the number of Presidents we have had and how many Disney Cartoons that have been made.  This week's question is what is the world's largest baby? (Danny had better get this one)

 

Beat the Odds Tip:  The worst things for teeth are secrets.

 

The Super Bowl is set and I think that it will be a Super Duper Bowl this year.  The Cardinals get my vote.  If they don't win and those terrible towels win I just don't know what I will think about this past NFL season that has been very good up until that point if it came to pass.  Here is what I think will happen on that Super night.  The game will open with the Steelers taking an early lead of 10 points.  Everybody will think that the game is over as they enter the half with the score 21-3 for the Steelers.  Then out of no where oh lets say, Walter Payton suits up for the Cardinals and brings the team back; then in true angel fashion he floats off into the night air.  Then when the Steelers are watching the ghostly figure float on the Cardinals towel boy goes to the stat machine and manipulates the stats in favor of Arizona.  Oh it will be a good one.  One for the history books.  Then at the end of the game Larry Fitzgerald will catch a short pass then while punching Troy P in the face he will run for a touchdown. Oh what game.  All I know is I want two things that night, the Cardinals to win and hot wings.  Oh they are so worth it.

           

Have a good week I know I will now keep your fingers crossed.

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: