5.04.2009

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.21 (Babies smell like Heaven, most of the time)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.21

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

It has been said to us so many times that now that we have a baby our lives are going to change forever.  I am sure that some of you are reading this and shaking your heads agreeing with that statement.  Well I tell you what, any time you do something different you life changes forever.  That statement is moot.  Life changes daily, hourly perhaps by the minute?  I am graduating but nobody is saying that my life is going to change forever after I graduate.  Well it will, I won't have to stress about homework all the time I won't have to ride the U train with some of the most stinky people in the world.  Anyway now that that is out of the way, I have been trying to understand what is going on inside of the head of our little baby Gigi.  I like to imagine that she knows a lot more than what she probably does. So when Jenny is not around I like to pretend that we have deep conversations about the theory of light speed travel and how we as humans are going to have to change the way we eat, change the way we sleep and change the way that we treat each other.  Oh Gigi and I love to listen to Tupac lyrics to pass the time. It turns out that Gigi and I love a lot of the same movies too.  For instance when we were in the hospital she asked me to bring her some movies from home to watch with her.  So I brought Harlod and Maude.  We laughed up a storm together.  Then while we were flipping through the channels we realized that Commando was about to come on.  She cried and cried until I changed the channel back to Commando, yes changed the channel. Also she loves the classic Disney movie Flight of the Navigator. I think that she would also love the all time classic Condor Man, if only I had a copy of it to watch with her. When TV gets boring you can just stare at the baby to pass the time she is always doing stuff like breathing and moving her arms and junk.  Oh also I just wanted to put an end to the life long debate right here and now.  Pets are a lot easier to take care of than kids. 

 

Trivia Time: If a baby makes a face that looks very concerned what could baby be doing?

 

Beat the Odds Tip:  Always sleep when the baby sleeps

 

Ok and last and not least I would like to discuss visiting ethics.  Everybody knows that we are more tired, especially Jenny.  Therefore, when visiting people with a brand new baby asking them about how tired they are you have to realize unless you are volunteering to assist to make the lives easier of the people you are visiting then try to keep the visit to less than ½ hour.  On another note if you would like to visit for more than that we have plenty of chores that need to be done. Also I wanted to say thank you to all of those that have stopped by with gifts however most of the gifts I can't use so please when buying stuff for the baby if you want the for whom gift is for to thank you maybe you should just get me something.  Nobody likes not getting thank yous. I would like to say thank you to Jenny for everything she did before the baby came. It was a lot. Oh also I would like to say that baby is not very good at doing her chores and potty training is coming along pretty well.  She almost gave the bathroom sign before she went last time.  But then, she went in her diaper.  "Back to square one," she shrugged her shoulders. 

Have a good week I know I will now keep your fingers crossed.

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

 

PS Now I know why there are so many cranky old men.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats Eric! Baby does change everything hahahha! My friend and I are writing a book about stupid things people say to you when you are going to have a baby, I am going to have to put that in there! And good chances if baby is making an odd face she is likely pooping or trying to figure out a rubix cube! Good luck to you and Jenny--MAtt and Sarah

Sarah said...

Yes I did get that or "you are SO small" when I felt like a large animal! People just think they have the right to say whatever to a pregnant woman it is really absurd. You will have to ask her if people would say things like. Oh you think you are tired now well "you just wait" until this happens. "you just wait" was a common heard thing around my office! Well I hope the birth went well and that Jenny is recovering and feeling back to normal!