6.08.2009

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.26 (It's busy time)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.26

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

This past week I saw a movie called The Uninvited.  It was okay; I jumped a few times, because it was a scary movie. The movie tricks you into thinking things are what they are but they are not really what they seem. Did that make sense? I mean to say that there is stuff happening and you think you know but you don't know man, you don't know anything. After the movie I asked how do you know if what you are experiencing is real or just something your mind is making up? We determined that you don't ever know. That you just live your life and stuff happens and that is how it works. Also we determined that if I were making this stuff up then I don't have a very good imagination or that my brain works stupid. Maybe I am really just some guy that is sitting in a room that is doing nothing but foaming at the mouth or maybe I am like Bob Newhart and I am just dreaming this whole. (That reference was about the Bob Newhart show, in the last episode you see that it was all just a dream he was having.) So as I continued to think about that my mind drifted back to one of my favorite topics time travel and quickly it went to my favorite movie Back to the Future. Namely the second one. So when Doc and Marty go back in time they went back to this new past that was made by Biff gambling and winning. Here is my thought that I just can't get over. So future Biff goes back in normal, unaltered timeline. Then when he travels back to the future he stays on that same timeline. But if he changed the past then how did he end up in the unaltered future? The only logical explanation is that there are multiple strands of time on which life is happening. This concept is just ridiculous. Because then there would millions of time strands happening that would be changing everything. I guess it is true what they say, "Anything can happen in Hollywood." Or I guess the simplest and I guess the most correct answer is that even though Biff gave him the winning scores he hadn't made the decisions that would change the future forever. However, Doc says that the future will instantaneously change around everything and nobody will realize. So either there is some major flaw in the plot line of the second back to the future or not the viewer realized that the future changed.  That is how good of movie it is.  Maybe I am just putting too much thought into this movie. Or maybe not enough thought? One warning I give you though is that if you start to think about it put in ear plugs so your mind doesn't blow too much. Maybe I should a Back to the Future forum where I can get together with some of my peers and discuss the trilogy and time travel.

 

Trivia Time: That is right Tim the Magic have only been one other time. What is the best movie that deals with time travel and/or alternate realities/worlds colliding? (Do not respond Howard the Duck it is good but not the best.)

 

Beat the Odds Tip:  If you ever find yourself outside in the rain run like hell. 

 

After one week of Conan I have been on cloud 9 no wait better than that, I have been on cloud 9,000,000. It is hard to say exactly why I like Conan maybe it is his beautiful red hair or maybe it is his disproportionate body. I don't know the answers to these questions what I do know is that he funny and I hope that he stays on the air long enough so I can watch episodes with the kids and we can laugh the night. I was glad to see that he carried over one of my all time favorite skits that he does which was "In the Year 2000."  Now it is "In the Year 3000." For those of you that missed it you can find it on the web baby (said in Conan's sexy voice). I know that Gigi really likes Conan because during the week she sleeps like a champ after we watch Conan, but on the weekend she is fussy. Maybe Conan will do his song where he sings babies to sleep. Probably not though he only did because he was on so late.

 

 

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

 

 

No comments: