12.19.2011

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 6.37 (Utes, Lasers and Treasure Hunting are what make Christmas great!)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 6.37

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

With Christmas a week away and so many other events happening these past few days there is so much to talk about and such little time to do it in. First off congratulations to the Running Utes and their second win 2-8 is about as poor as they could have done. I mean they lost to Harvard by 24 or so points a couple of weeks ago. Anyway I think in a few years the program will be back to where it once was. I am not talking Majerius caliber I am talking 1944 caliber. Maybe not but a boy can dream. In fact I am working on a painting called, "A Boy Can Dream." It is still in the design phase but I think it will end up fetching a quarter mil at the market. The other important thing that occurred is after 7 long weeks of waiting, I finally got my results from my Professional Engineering licensure exam. Turns out I can turn pro (which means I passed the test). I have made myself eligible for the engineer's draft. They cover this draft on ESPN the Ocho. Just to clarify there is no draft. I was already signed right out of college as are most engineering graduates. Finally the most amazing thing about Christmas happened this past week. Laser Tag Christmas was on Friday. It was lasers of fun. There was a good turn out and great competition this year. I think that the people get better every year. And I just get more confused, I guess that is what happens when you get old. The world around you gets more and more confusing. Sometimes even at my young age I feel like the unfrozen caveman lawyer. There is a video on my blog that shows the award winners and all but one of the participants. But I think I will tell you about something that makes me chuckle every time I think about it. As I have mentioned several times we live across the street from an elementary school. People use the park at the school for several interesting practices, soccer, baseball, football, dog training, model rockets and kite flying. Okay the last one is mostly me. The other users are amateur treasure hunters. They come weekly with their metal detectors. I called them amateurs because a professional treasure hunter wouldn't waste their time at an elementary school in Murray. They would be places like the Amazon Jungle, the Middle East or Brenda Taylor's basement. I enjoy watching them as they walk around and around the school yard and every once and while they stop and poke the ground with their treasure tool (a screwdriver) in hopes that they have found a crown full of jewels. Turns out there hasn't been royalty at that park for over the 200 million years and when the great king of the dinosaurs was there they didn't have crowns just teeth. Maybe they should have invested in a bone detector or perhaps a copy of the book The Bone Collector. Anyway they have provided Jenny and me hours of treasured memories. I believe that I have found better treasures over then any of the treasure hunters. From the park I have found several baseballs, a pair of nice winter gloves and yesterday I found $3. The best part is I haven't even invested in a treasure detector. Well I guess I could say that my contacts and eye appointments are my investments in such things.  I haven't decided what I am going to do with big earnings because if I could pick up $3 off the ground for a living then I would make an hourly wage of $2,160. But I guess if you take into account all the time I have walked through the park it probably comes out to be more like $0.75 an hour. So yeah I guess if I were to quit my job then it wouldn't be a wise financial decision. Because let's face it there aren't even benefits with treasure seeking.

 

I did want to mention one item prior to leaving and this is for all of those Tecmo Super Bowl fans, you can download the classic game with the current team rosters so if you want to score a touchdown as Tim Tebow in the old style of football then Google Tecmo Super Bowl 2012. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all because even if you aren't Christian or religious what a wonderful time of year to reflect on who you are and realize that you are probably a bad human and need to be better at something.

 

Trivia Time: I have gained about 10 pounds this holiday season and that is just because of the depressing weather. What are your favorite family holiday traditions?

 

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com


--
This message was approved by Eric Jones

No comments: