2.27.2012

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 6.45 (7-11's take over the world is imminent)

                     Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 6.45    

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

It has come to my attention that 7-11 is slowly taking over the world. If I were a rich millionaire that spent his time fighting weird on goings I would start to investigate 7-11. As I drove past the latest 7-11 franchise on 7000 South and 1300 West I couldn't ignore the facts any longer. The facts were made and altered by me so as to create more controversy. The next time you go out, see how many 7-11 stores you drive past. From my house to my parents, a 5 minute drive I pass 3 stores. Each one more enticing than the last. When I drive to yoga along 700 East I drive past 6 stores some of them are gas stations and there are two that sit right across the street from each other. This also occurs on the corners of 7000 South and Redwood rd. Seeing all of these 7-11 stores makes me think about something that I often discuss with Jenny. Usually the conversation begins after we watch a historical movie or read a historical book that deals with racism or women's rights. I ask Jenny, so our generation looks at how our grandparent's generation treated different races and I ask, "What will our grandchild look at and say, 'You used to do that?'" The conversation always turns to our diet. Jenny says, "Our grandkids will look at what we eat and say you used to eat that?" Oh calamity. So in my current diet there are several foods that I think my grandkids will say, "I can't believe you would even try to digest such items." Most of these products are best sellers at 7-11. The first thing they will be appalled with is anything where one of the main ingredients is sugar. Therefore the following foods that are on my favorite list that are in this category: Pepsi, Snickers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, donuts, cake, and snow cones. Snow cones also fit into the next category which is the artificial coloring category. It is funny a news report several months ago wanted to blow people's minds by pointing out that there is sawdust in a lot of our foods. The reporter interviewed a nutritionist from the University of Utah and they said, "I would much rather eat sawdust than artificial flavors and coloring. At least sawdust is natural." Other items that I love to eat that are included in this category are sports drinks, and Otter Pops. The last category of food that my grandkids will be appalled with that I currently eat are foods that nobody really knows for sure how they are made or what part of the animal it comes from. I of course am talking about Hot Dogs. Oh they are so delightful but I am sure they hold little to no nutritional value. But why say no when it feels so good to say yes?  I am sure by the time I become old they will have some sort of scanner that will add 30 to 40 years onto my life but who wants to live that long?

 

Trivia Time: Board games are never a waste of time. Why aren't there more award shows?

 

Quote of the Week: "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." - Martin Luther King Jr.

 

 

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com


--
This message was approved by Eric Jones

No comments: