4.29.2007

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 2.29

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 2.29

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

            I am here this week to tell you of my adventures this weekend in Draper.  My friend recently moved into a 2 million dollar house on the benches of Draper, so I thought I would pay him a visit.  I departed my home around 7:00 PM Saturday.   Relying on my cell phone to save me if I got in trouble, the battery died shortly there after entering the freeway.  Not worrying too much about because Danny gave me some good instructions on how to get to his new dwelling.   I get off the freeway where he told me and took the road to his house.  Finding the Cove I began to ascend to his house.   Then I remembered that I had no idea which house was his.  Turning back onto the road I decided to go to the Chevron to make a phone call to my good friend Danny.   I enter in and inquiry if they have a pay phone.  The worker indicates there is one around the corner.  Then I inquiry if he has an ATM to get some cash that I was then going to get turned into change to make some phone calls.   He then being very nice told me that I could use the store's phone if it were a local call.  I called Jenny trying to get Danny's phone number.   She didn't answer.  Then I had to think of other numbers that I knew that I could call to get Danny's number.   I called Brady.  I didn't get Danny's number but I got his brother's.  Calling Mike he had been to the house earlier that day.   Informing of the whereabouts I went back to the top.  I found the house I then entered in the only way I found to be appropriate.  Through the window.

            Trivia Time:  last week's winners were Danny for his idea of using a harpoon and Andrea with the more simple approach of a plastic cup.   This week's question is who holds the assist record in a playoff basketball game?  The winner will receive a trip to Washington.

            Recommendations: Movie: Charlotte's Web. The book is good.  Music: Bright Eyes.   Were in town tonight playing songs from their new album.  So hooray to them.

It is the week of finals.  I have three finals.  That is all I am going to say about that.   Now I would like to tip my hat to my wife.  She is graduating this week.  I am so very proud of her.   She graduated with a 3.987, which is right around where mine is too?  She is so smart I helped her study a lot of nights and she always impressed me how she could know as much as she did.   She is beautiful and smart a double threat girl.  She didn't send out announcements but you can send her a congratulations email @ taylorjenny@gmail.com Thank you for your support.

Have a good week I know I will.   

Eric Jones

 

No comments: