5.06.2007

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 2.30

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 2.30

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

 

What a great time to be alive.  Go Jazz, Go!!! Go Jazz, Go!!! They are on their way to top of great things.  When will the Jazz ever stop being awesome?   The answer is never.  They thought about it for awhile but then realized that if they stopped then what would the world have to look forward to every Monday when they got out of bed.   "Oh yeah, more Jazz awesomeness." Says average Joe Monday as he goes off to his job.  They sure did turn it around from prior games.   Now they face the challenge of the Golden State Warriors.  The key to this series is to dictate the pace of the game.  Not to let the Warriors steal they momentum from the beginning.   To always set up their offense and get the shots they want.  Also if the Jazz get find themselves in a lead, don't pack it in playing a stale like the game is over; keep running the offense.   It is crucial that Jerry and the boys don't get frustrated with the antics of the Warriors. I know that the Jazz will prevail they just need to up the pace they had in the first series.

            Trivia Time: The following people won last week's trivia time: Jalene, Jenny, and Tim.  Somebody else may have won too but I don't recall.   This week's question is who was the last 8 seeded team in the West to beat the 1 seed and what number 4 seed played that number 8 seed in the second round of the playoffs?   If you don't understand the question feel free to ask for more details.  The prize is a carriage ride through downtown Salt Lake City!

            Recommendations:  Movie Happy Feet, This movie will be discussed later.  Music The Weepies they be good.

            So I wanted to talk about what I have been watching this past week.  On Monday and Tuesday I watched The Mormons the documentary on PBS.   It was very insightful into many aspects of the Mormon faith but I feel that they tried to cover so much that they failed to give an in-depth look at everything they wanted to cover.   I was also watching the Jazz games and needless to say they were awesome and made me salivate with joy every time I was watching.  Next I watched Freedom Writers which is real recommendation for the week it was really good.   Made Jenny cry a lot.  Then I watched Happy Feet the movie is down right bad.  I don't know why it won the Oscar Monster House was so much better than it and Cars was a lot better than Monster House.   So all I can is that Al Gore won an Oscar too, I don't know what is going on.  I think that there might be some dangling chads on the Oscar ballots.

 

Have a good week I know I will.  

Eric Jones

No comments: