6.03.2007

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 2.33

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 2.33

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

Did you know that last week was the first week in two years that I failed to type the newsletter.  I don't mean to point this out but personally after reading the headlines last week, it would appear that the world was in grave danger of destroying itself.   So to keep the world from total destruction, I continue to type the newsletter.  Read the newsletter, save the world.  

            The Utah Jazz are no longer in the playoffs.  Although hard to watch, they just weren't prepared.  The team lacked spirit, discipline, and a consistent shooter.  The NBA is such that you can't have a two man team and win a championship.  It is crucial that there be at least 3 players in the starting 5 that will threaten the other team.   If you review the season which I have several times in my mind, you will think, "hey the Jazz had that."  And they did, at certain times.   But not when it counted during the playoffs.  They will need to be restructuring during the off-season and acquiring a complementary player to D. Williams and Carlos Boozer that will be there from start to finish.  

            Trivia Time: The winner from 2 weeks ago was I don't remember.  So everyone won the prize of who knows?   Too lazy to check who won or what was promised.  This weeks question is, "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?"   The prize is a bag of tootsie pops. 

            Recommendations: Movie: The Valet, a delightful French comedy about how when life gives you lemons you make lemonade.  Music:   Madonna, The Immaculate Collection. 

            I did not write last week for I was on vacation in historic Nauvoo. Let me tell you of my journeys.  Departing Friday from SLC, we landed in Minnesota, arriving at the abode of Roberto y Sandia Taylor.   Exhausted from our travels, we mostly slept that night.  The next day we went to the Mall of America.  That's a big mall. I was tired from walking so much in that mall and my wallet was tired from buying so many clothes for Jenny.   All in all I was tired.  Mostly from the rollercoasters, yeah, ROLLERCOASTERS!  They were a rippin' good time.   That night we got to go see the Twins play.  That was a good game, except for there were some Canadians in front of us.   Why do Canadians have to be so stupid?  Do any Canadians read this?  If so, I'm sorry.  Get smarter.   Then we made our trek to Nauvoo.  Much like the pioneers, we rode in a Caravan.  Except for our wagons were air-conditioned and we stopped every few miles for food.   Nauvoo was truly a beautiful place.  If you're a fan of history, it is a great place to go and visit.  To see the rise and exodus of a community who are just trying to do what they knew to be true.  Because who would go to all that effort if they didn't truly know that what they were doing was directed by God through a living prophet?   It was a very spiritual journey to see Carthage Jail where Joseph Smith was martyred and to see the rebuilt temple.  I really caught the bug in Nauvoo when I saw the name John Carver listed in the house of the seventies.   I will have to return with more information on my ancestors who lived there so I can fully appreciate it.  After staying there sufficient time, we ate a lot of fudge and began our trek home.   Like the pioneers we crossed the Mississippi . But we had a bridge.  Have a good week I know I will. Eric Jones

No comments: