6.24.2007

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 2.36

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 2.36

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

            Good day to all of my loyal friends and readers –aka- "hey, mom". I was in wreck last week and I was awarded $2,500 in medical expenses because I never went to the hospital so they are paying me for my silence.   All in all it was a pretty good deal for me.  Now I will talk about the scariest movie I have seen.  On Friday night I opened the season of homerun hitting and then headed up to the District to see the movie 1408.   It is hands down the scariest movie I have ever seen.  The movie started out slow with a skeptical John Cusack writing books about haunted places.   His travels took him to The Dolphin hotel in New York City, under the strict management of Samuel L. Jackson, and it is in room 1408 that the movie got so intense that I profaned numerous times as I jumped out of my seat.   Jenny didn't even watch half of the movie because she was so frightened.  I give this movie a scare factor of 10 skulls.

            Trivia Time: Last weeks winner was Brittany she got all of the right colonies but Danny Sorenson's answer was more correct with, " fifty nifty united states, from the 13 original colonies. Shout them, spout them, tell about all them. da da ta dadada dad ta da".  It is more correct because it made me laugh for a good while.   This week's question is, "What is the best John Cusack movie?"  This is going to be a tough one and the prize is a box of fine Cubans.  

Recommendations: Movie, of course, is 1408.  Music is Boston because I just heard them on our XM radio in our Acura TSX.   So delightful! 

So, as you may have heard, we just purchased an '05 Black Acura TSX with parchment leather interior on Friday.   We have been car shopping for a couple of weeks now and I was just about ready to throw in the towel when we stumbled upon this little gem.  What a sweet little ride she is and she "corners like she's on rails".   Jenny threw that quote in from Pretty Woman.    We really had to wheel and deal with the salesperson because she was shooting crap 6 feet high as she was talking figures with us but we played the game and ended up getting what we felt was a great deal, especially because Jenny wrote down that the online price was $1000 dollars lower than the selling price on the car when we got there.  The funny thing is, when we got home and looked it up again online we realized that she had written it down wrong so we knocked $1000 dollars off just by saying that it was the online price. What a great mistake wife!   

Have a good week I know I will.

 

Eric Jones

No comments: