7.23.2007

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 2.40

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 2.40

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

           The day of the Pioneers is upon us this week so I look forward to seeing all of your best pioneer costumes and décor.  My past week has been a fun one, with the summer semester coming to a close test are coming to a peak.   They seem to think that we don't have anything to do.  The nerve of teachers giving test when I would much rather just be hanging out doing nothing.   Oh boy what a world.  Oh well as time goes on so will my studies.  I don't really know what that last sentence means.   Only that it sounded somewhat good in my head when I thought it up so I wrote it in there.  Anyway, I spent up at my grandpa's ranch.   I haven't been up there in some time and it was nice to go there and see that not much has changed since the last time I was there.  Jenny, the Father, and myself all made the trek to help pour some concrete.   I have never poured concrete before, it is hard work and for the people that do it for a living I tip my hat to you, because it is difficult work.  We only poured two pads and then the outhouse.  All in all I learned two things. Concrete should be left up to the professionals and my body type is not for manual labor.   The highlight of the trip was the visit into Montpelier Idaho.  It was we entered into a crazy time warp that we didn't know about.  We got to Butch Cassidy's diner, which I am sure he didn't start, and as we sat down they told us the items we could no longer order.   After she got threw naming them, the father though it would be funny to ask for one of the items that we couldn't get.  She quickly responded in the negative and then walked away.   She didn't realize that it was just a joke.  After we filled our bellies with delicious greasy food we decided some ice cream and since Butch Cassidy couldn't deliver we asked where could get some ice cream.   The lady didn't really know, which was surprising, but she did tell us that there was an Artic Circle up the street.  Feeling dejected we drove off in search of just plan ice, only to find that two doors down from Butch's diner is a large neon sign saying Ice Cream.   So we got Ice cream to make sure everything digested correctly.

            Has anyone seen else Harry Potter?   It is pretty good.  Not my favorite one of the bunch, but all in all it was pretty good.  Does anyone have his or her copy of the new book?   Did you go to the Salt Lake City Library to get it at midnight, dressed as a wizard or witch?  Because if you did I didn't see you there, oh I mean, I like to see that kind of dedication to the arts.   Because you all know what they say; "You don't respect the arts they wont respect you!"

Have a good week I know I will.

 

Eric Jones

 
 
PS Go to my blog see the new additions and Jenny going on a little advetnure.  Thanks to Mandy we were able to have a little fun on the internet again.

No comments: