12.31.2007

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.08

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.08

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

As I sit here starring at what appears to be a relatively blank screen I am trying to think how to word correctly this short story that I was going to tell you all. Then it hit me, although the new format would be a great way to get a funny story out to the public, it requires me to think more about how to word what I am saying. Since this letter was always meant to be a way for me to get my random thoughts off the top of my head I realized that the idea, a great idea, is not for me. So I apologize to those who were looking forward to the new format and I especially apologize to the person who gave me the idea. I will try to implement that idea in another way. Random thoughts are what make up our existence. Anciently it was proven that we exist because we think. Hence the famous phrase, " Cogito, ergo sum." Or in English "I think, therefore I am." I would like to add to what René Descartes "I think randomly, therefore I am." This morning proved to be no different, as I sat on my thinking chair I thought to myself of potential energy. The grand potential energy of a child is what I was thinking about. Potential Energy is defined stored energy within a physical system. Children are full of it. They have the potential to be anything they want to be. A young child can grow up thinking they can conquer the world. What can be done to harness potential energy? How do you inform a child that the energy they have inside of them should be used for the good. All of these thoughts have been racing through my head this New Year's Eve. What potential energy do I have stored inside of me for the year to come? Man this thinking stuff is a complete mind blow. How can all of what I have said really be beneficial to anybody who reads this? Just remember that you have potential and that nobody's potential energy runs out until they are dead, but I believe that even when you are dead you still have potential energy. Still have an opportunity to progress but this progression requires work. So if you thought that you were tired now wait until you die. They say that when you die you sleep to wake no more, I think Shakespeare said that in Hamlet. But if you want to put your trust in English instead of science go right ahead. All I am saying is that you will never get anywhere if you leave your potential energy inside of you.

Trivia Time: Below is a quiz that I gave Jenny before our anniversary. That is right it has been one year. So here is how it works, there are 15 questions and you should be able to get them all, is what I told Jenny. She didn't she got 9 of 15 which is 60% so hopefully you all do better. What I did was I made three possible scenarios that Jenny could choose from for our anniversary. If she answered 5 questions then she could open if she answered 10 then she could open two; if she got 15 then she could choose from all three options. I let her open two because I am nice? Anyway have fun with the quiz and, "Remember only you can prevent forest fires." –Smokey the Bear.

1) What is my favorite NBA team?

2) What is my favorite NFL team?

3) What is my favorite MLB team?

4) What is my favorite movie?

5) How many times did I watch that movie in High School?

a. Once a week

b. Once a month

c. Once every other month

d. Once every other week

6) During the summer of 9th grade I learned two awesome things name one of them.

7) If I found $500 on the street what would I do with the money?

a. Spend it on stuff that would rot my mind and teeth

b. Try to find the owner of the money

c. By nice things for my family friends

d. Put it in a bank

e. Take a picture of me with the money and staple that to a telephone with my phone number on it

8) What day did we first kiss?

9) What is my favorite candy bar?

10) How many jobs have I had?

11) What was my least favorite thing I ate on my mission?

12) When did I start playing goalie in soccer?

13) How old was I when I had my first kiss?

14) Who are four of my favorite top five all time singers?

15) Where is the first place I went to when I flew on a plane and how old was I?

Have a good week I know I will.

Eric Jones

The Blog http://www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com/

No comments: