2.25.2008

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.15

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.15

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

Well I didn't write this yesterday because I just didn't have anything that was really note worthy.  The only thing I had before my ride home on the train was some self promotion of my sweaty arm pits.  I just wanted to quickly mention that this past week I was invited to give a presentation at an Oil Sands meeting.  I was to present about water availability.   But the research I have been doing is on water requirements for oil development.  However, I wasn't nervous because Dr. Burian, the professor I work for, said that they won't really know that much about what you will be talking about.  So I went in with nerves of steel.  Then after hearing the first few people speak I started to realize that these people are professionals and they know everything there is to know about it.  To make a lame story short I lost three pounds that day, from sweating.

Trivia Time:  The answer to the question two weeks ago was that the lessons lessen every time.  This week's question is how often is a person supposed to listen to the song, "Are you strong enough to be my man?" 

So today on the way home from school, amidst the mess of trax, Dan Scott and I were treated to something very special.  After boarding the final train of our journey we were asked by a nice young man, "Is this train going that way [pointing the direction he wanted to go]?"  With a firm response one of us said, "That is correct."  He then proceeded to say the following.  I rehearsed it to Jenny so hopefully it is still as accurate.  His voice was a lot like the characters from Teen Girl Squad. If you are unfamiliar with them I suggest you familiarize yourself with them.  But is voice was like raspy Mel Torme?  Something like that.  Bryce was his name.

Bryce: "Oh man, did you guys see that girl in the blue shirt?  She was so hot I wanted to take a picture of her with my camera phone but I didn't have it ready.  If it weren't for that ring on her finger I would have asked her to marry me."  After about 5 minutes he tapped Dan on the knee and said, "Oh you are a handsome man.  Look at him.  It is not very often that you see a handsome guy like this.  With nice long hair."  Dan began to blush.  This was followed up with, "Hey you want to hear a joke?"  We nodded and so he said. "Roses are red, violets are blue, if somebody gives you a cow pie don't eat it because it is pooh!"  He laughed for awhile.  Told some more jokes then asked, "Have you guys ever seen Dumb and Dumber?"  We nodded yes. Then he said, "My favorite part is when he farts in the toilet.  Then she asks him what he is doing in the there and he says, 'Huh, shaving.' Then she says. 'I hope that you are not using the toilet is it broken.'  That is when he looks down at his pooh and opens the window trying to get the smell out."  Bryce then laughed for about 30 seconds.  I haven't seen anybody laugh that hard at Dumb and Dumber since my dad almost passed out from laughing so much at the snowball fight scene.  Good times.

Have a good week I know I will.  

Eric Jones

The Blog www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can picture Kent laughing at the snowball scene in dumb and dumber. Sounds like all is well and you are finishing up school soon enough to enter the work force for good. Its not that exciting....hope all is well!