3.11.2008

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.17

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.17

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

Bam wham kablooie,  The Utah Jazz are on a roll that is fantastic.  Their win streak should continue this week and the minds of all you nah sayers will blow.   Speaking of the Jazz, Jenny, my Dad and I were the recipients of 8 free Jazz tickets this past week.  The game we went to was a blowout but then again what home games haven't been blowouts?  Anyway the game was not too exciting after half time but the real excitement was getting there.  Upon arriving to the game, my dad drove, and we paid to park.  As we drove toward the arena I kept pointing out places to Jenny that we used to park when we were younger.  I said to her, "I guess that is why all pay to park now, because we always had to walk like a mile to get to the arena."  Anyway for those you that know my dad you know that he was probably struggling to give the parking attendant the money to park, even though it wasn't his money.  Carrying on.  We got to the arena and the free tickets we got were for the Jr. Jazz so they came with a hot dog and drink.  So between the three of us we shared 8 hotdogs and 8 drinks.  Man it was fantastic.  What a great way to watch a Jazz game full of hot dogs.  However, just thinking of the hot dog consumption is giving me a stomach ache.  Also since the Jazz the won that game we are entitled to a free Big Mac.  Couldn't pass that up, so the next day we went to McDonalds for lunch and got one of those free.  Man it was good but when all that food was ready to say hello to the world again that is when I had to say enough is enough.  Too bad there isn't a rule at the Jazz game that says if they win by more than 20 points then you get a free bottle of Pepto-Bismol as well.

Trivia Time: Last week winner was Danny he guessed 365 that sounds pretty good to me.  This week's trivia question is which Sister-in-law is going to have baby first?

To help you out with the trivia time I thought I should fill you in on some facts.  First three of my sisters-in-law are prego right now.  Stephanie (Jenny's Sister) was hoping to have baby on the 29th of February but alas she did not.  The joke I keep saying is that she is not really prego but people keep telling me that pillows don't look like that. Mahina (Brady's Wife) she is not due for another couple weeks but the Jones seed is itching to get out and start his/her life.  She was put on bed rest to which I responded, do I have to be pregnant to be put on bed rest?  Brittany (Tim's Wife) is also due in a few weeks however she has had both of her two kids before the due date.  So she is the dark horse in the race due last but known to make a sprint to the finish.  I just hope that little Presley can hold on for a few more weeks.  She was also put on bed rest, but just thinking of the dust that is collecting at her house is grossing me out.  Anyway that should help you make your guess on the Trivia Time.

Have a good week I know I will.  

Eric Jones

The Blog www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: