3.17.2008

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.18

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.18

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

I have decided that it is better to drive to or from St. George at night.  I left on Friday night around 9:30 PM to go to St. George.  The drive was fantastic after I got past Provo I put the cruise control on let the car do the driving.  Now on my return we left at 2:00 PM there are so many idiots on the road that think they are more important than other people.  Now since I am typing this I will let you all in on a little secret that hopefully you know by now if you have a driver's license if not then your license should be taken away until you have learned this aspect of life/driving.  Now after you get pasted Provo the interstate becomes two lanes.  So if you are in the left lane and are not in the act of passing then you should get out of the left lane and into the right lane.  This fact should be evident to you when several cars pass you using the right lane.  Are you understanding what I am saying?  There are even signs on the side of the interstate that say. SLOWER TRAFFIC STAY IN THE RIGHT LANE.  Obviously people like you Cadillac from Illinois don't have that common understanding or even you van from Wyoming.   Even some people from this great state suffer from that knowledge but when you get behind them then try and pass using the right lane they speed up so you can't get around them.  Utah law states that regardless of speed if you are in the passing lane (the left lane on a two lane interstate) that you have to move over to allow traffic to pass you if a car is traveling faster than you are.  Anyway I think that law is just common courtesy and sense.

Trivia Time:  All of you that guessed Stephanie would have her baby first were correct.  They named their little boy James Moroni Billingsley aka Pancake. This week's question is who causes more accidents people that drive 5 miles over the speed limit or people that drive 5 miles under the limit?

In closing Jenny and I received in the mail a list of foods that are not "healthy" and some facts about them.  I would like to share some of these with you because when Jenny was reading these to me I began licking my lips and saying that is fantastic.  I would like to point out two foods that were discussed the Cheese Cake Factory original cheesecake.  After they gave some facts about how much bad stuff it contains they said this, "Think of it as an 8-ounce untrimmed prime rib for dessert."  After Jenny read this I said, "mmm…Prime Rib for desert! That is the most fantastic idea ever."  Then she read about coffee which I don't partake of but it was said that a 20 oz. Caffe Mocha is like, "A Quarter Pounder with Cheese in a cup."  What a novel idea, put greasy foods in a cup rather than on some paper. Then you just tip the cup the sandwich slides right into the mouth no mess and it still tastes great!

Have a good week I know I will.  

Eric Jones

The Blog www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: