4.07.2008

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.21

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.21

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

            Baby, baby you had the baby?  Turns everybody is having babies, even men are having babies.  This is crazy with a capital K.  Tim and Brittany are now the proud parents of another boy Cooper Eric? Jones 6 lbs. 13 oz. 18 inches long.  A short little guy, healthy and ready to attack the world, I am not sure but I think that he is walking now.  I mean come on guys the Giraffe starts to walk shortly after being born what is wrong with my nieces and nephews?  In the past month I have to now remember more names of little people and when they were born.  I guess that is what life is all about.  Or maybe that is what pencils are for, writing things down.  I guess I will have to start writing things down now.  There are pictures of these little people, if you go to the respective blogs of the people you will be able to see wonderful pictures of James Billingsley, Emeline Jones, and Cooper Jones, I can attest that they are small and their bodies are not in their proper proportions (you know the Golden Ratio).  Or maybe, just maybe babies are.  I guess I would have to get the measurements of them and see.  But their heads are so big compared to their bodies.  Don't you women think that it would be a lot easier to have a small headed baby?  Also, I just wanted to say that since the soda embargo of '08 has been lifted I feel like I could wrestle a wild boar and come away without any damage to my person.

Trivia Time:  I was impressed there were several of you that read all of the information and were able to deduce that Caffeine is wonderful (Science's candy).   This week's question is what is the world's largest baby?  The price is a baby?  Maybe, it could happen.

So this past weekend I pulled what I am going to refer to as the world's most awesome maneuver ever to listen to a Jazz game while still being able to participate in normal everyday conversations with some people I know well and others I don't know that well.  Setting: 2008 Friday the 4th of April.  Important factor the Jazz on the verge of an awesome season strive to beat conference rivals Spurs.  After waiting for Jenny to get ready I was watching the game on the couch.  But there came a time when we had to go out to the car.  Boom instantaneous switch to the radio.  The Jazz were charging back after being down a few in the 2nd.  Taking the freeway could have meant that I would have missed the end of the second quarter in the move from the car to the restaurant.  So I took the back roads to the place.  There was some anger on Jenny's part but it was all in the name of hearing the game.  Arriving to the restaurant I was able to position myself so that Jenny could not see one of my ears.  Meanwhile I placed in my ear a headphone that was tuned to the Jazz game.  As the third quarter started I was super excited.  My wife, none the wiser until ratted out by the guest of honor, was enjoying casual conversation with the groups.  As long as I threw in a few words here and there she didn't even mind.  So as the game got going I was fist pumping in the air and the fans around me would pose questions of  this nature, "What were the highs and lows of the temperature today?"  To which I responded, "Oh to us it felt like 74 to 55."  It was super cool.  After reading super cool I thought that alone makes this story not neato anymore.

Have a good week I know I will.  

Eric Jones

The Blog www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: