4.27.2008

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.24

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.24

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

This a crazy time to be alive all of the hoopla about this and that really makes one think about how this world is truly run by marketing and not by good ol' fashioned tradesmen.  I don't even really know what this is intended to mean I just need something to get the ball rolling and it might as well be that.  Why not?  The Jazz have played disappointingly the last two games.  But I think that this is only temporary and they will pull themselves together in the near future and crush those Rockets into smithereens.    

            Trivia Time:  The movie was Twister that would blow people away.  However, you could have also answered Alien vs. Predator because that movie is awesome to the extreme.  This week's question is who is the better couple Jim and Pam or Andy and Angela?

Warning this story contains strong language!  This story is also told about a cliffhanger.  The type of cliffhanger I am referring to is not Sly Stallone hanging on by his fingertips in the movie Cliffhanger; rather the little bugers that get caught right at the end of your nose and won't let go.  Really they are one of the 9 wonders of the world I think.  So on Monday the 21st I went to my classes as I also did this semester and sat next to Dan.  I noticed that Dan had a cliffhanger.  Rather than tell him about it I figured I would just wait to see how long it would stay put.  I did this another time before but it wasn't a cliffhanger it was chocolate on my companion's chin and it was there for half a day's work.  So that was the challenge, have the buger stay there for than half a day.  It really didn't have much promise because it looked as if it was about to give up.  Through the first class the buger held strong.  Through the second class the buger still was hanging on for dear life. I thought to myself, "This is too risky I better tell him or else."  I didn't tell and we went to the lab to do some work on our final project.  Still the buger held strong.  Through the last class, strong as it was when the day began.  Then on the way home we were leaving with Matt, in his car.  As we pulled up to where we needed to turn, Matt inched his way out because traffic had let up.  As he waited for his turn to get into our lane of traffic a car came whipping around the corner.  I yelled, "Oh, shit!"  This was not looking good.  As Matt turned to see what the big hoopla was about he began to turn the car back toward from whence we came.  The rocket car began to turn as well.  It was too late it appeared as if we were going to hit head on.  Matt and the other driver narrowly missed the head on collision and boom the car crushed Matt's car right on the door where Dan was sitting.  The first coherent thought I had was, "Is the buger still there?"  I couldn't look though so I just made some jokes about how Matt would need to get a new hubcap and those things aren't easy to find, you know one that matches.  And I told the other driver that most of "scratches" would just buff right out.  After we were finished there, Dan and I climbed aboard the train.  Much to my surprise my little friend was still there.  I felt since Dan did hit his head during the wreck that it would be good to tell him that he had a cliffhanger all day.  All in all Monday was the best day of the week.

Have a good week I know I will.  

Eric Jones

The Blog www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: