6.23.2008

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.31

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.31

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

Often times in life there is a single occurrence that makes you look back at what just happened and say man I really pulled the wool over some bodies eyes there didn't I.  This past week I was all ready to go play in the University of Utah's annual ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers) golf tournament held at Thanksgiving Point.  It was on Wednesday and so I had to whole week planned out.  Getting more and more excited I began to gloat to all those that I knew and all those that would listen.  I was to go with a local Engineer from a company that I will not mention.  He, oh lets call him Edward, Edward had sent me some emails regarding the game that we were to play.  Then on Tuesday, around 3 in the afternoon, I got a phone call from Edward saying that he could no longer take me golfing.  I was heart broken but kept my chin up and gritted my teeth and went on my way.  After the phone call I contacted the Professor I work for, he was a little disconcerted by what had happened, but gave he me a hot tip.  The tip was that another company had bought a foursome but said they weren't going to send players, that way some students could play for free.  I contacted the person in charge and she said that if I could get a team together then I can play.  So I got on the phone called a few people and boom a free foursome of golf at Thanksgiving Point.  'Oh man,' I thought to myself I hope this works out because if it does then that proves it. I am awesome.  So that day I had come to work to finish some stuff and then I got a phone call, it was Edward asking if I was going to be available that afternoon.  I explained to him what the deal was and he said, "Ok."  All in all it was a good learning experience for me.  I learned that it is not important how you play golf just as long as you play for free.  Even when you suck at golf as much as do you realize that free golf is better than not free golf.

Trivia Time:  Danny does it again and the crowd goes wild?  Some how I am all of the above both weak and strong.  This week's question is; what is the world's longest fish?  This one is a good one.  You should look it up and enjoy it.

Beat the Odds Tip:  This life is short and so this week's tip is from a true visionary man, who said, "If you want to make good use of your time, you've got to know what's most important and then give it all you've got."  That tip will help you beat the odds of wasting your time at things like three legged dog races.  I take that back I just pictured that in my head and it seemed cool enough to me so let's say using the restroom.

            Does anybody else hate the heat?  Shoot I know that I do but luckily I learned some trick to help beat the heat while I was in Ecuador.  First, flip-flops are a must.  I guess you could wear any sandal of any kind and that would work.  Second, just because you put a shirt all the way on in the morning doesn't mean that it has to stay that way all day long.  Roll it up above you belly that will usually help out for a few degrees.  Third always stay hydrated.  Drinking too much water in the heat won't hurt you.  But don't just limit yourself to water.  You can drink soda, Kool-aid, lemonade, and don't forget our friend milk he is always there to lend a helping hand.  Third, when you are in the protection of your own home the least amount of layers is the best amount.  Strip down to bare minimum, that philosophy in life has gotten me this far so I will keep it up until I die or get arrested.  I do live in front of an Elementary school you know.  Fourth and finally, not moving, the more you move the more energy you create that needs to be cooled down so just stay still and life will treat you right.

Have a good week I know I will.  

Eric Jones

The Blog www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

 

No comments: