7.07.2008

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.33

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.33

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

Often times when we really put our minds to something we can accomplish almost anything that we want to. I have often thought that as I have tried several times to achieve that would seem almost impossible for a young white make from the suburbs of Salt Lake City. This past week was a week that brought many new challenges for me as I stepped out onto the playing field that is my yard in my slip globes to do yard work. It is just not the same. But as great philosophers have said that if I set my mind to it I can accomplish anything. So I didn't give up on my globes like my Velcro shoes gave up on me last week. I knew that as I was working with shovels, dirt and gusto that I would get loads and loads of dirt, filth and slime in my shoes. But I kept going not quitting for no one or no thing. Has anybody every noticed that when you are working and you get into the zone the world seems to be at a stand still? I get that feeling every time I am working hard at drinking a Pepsi or Coke or working hard at making sure the computer is operating correctly or the TV's channels are all coming in nicely. Life is all about hard work. Hard work here hard work there but never together all at the same time. Like this past Saturday I thought it would be a good idea to clean out the crawl space under our house. It was a good idea, so a set off, in my globe slip on shoes, down into the cool realms that is our crawl space. On hands and knees I began pulling out the extra pieces of carpet that were once in the house and thinking to myself, "Why would anybody want to get rid of this stuff?" Then after I removed those vintage pieces of gold, I began removing dirt and pieces of wood that were down there. As I began throwing clumps of stuff willie nillie toward the exit I didn't really realize what I was throwing. I was throwing dead mice. Well only two to be exact. But the first one I threw I didn't know that I had thrown it. Then when I picked up the second I thought this piece of wood sure feels funny. When I looked to see what it was, to my surprise a completely dry mouse was in my hand the only thing left of it was some hair and it bones. Pretty gross, I started gagging and spitting a lot after that. Oh have you seen that movie Witches? You know where the witches feed little kids chocolate and they turn into mice? Yeah that one. I like that movie. I thought maybe that would but there must have been a good witch that didn't allow it to happy also I didn't eat the mouse or did I? Money is scarce these days and mice are a good source of protein

Trivia Time: Yes Danny Zach is the world's largest Lizard. This week's question how often is a grown man supposed to cry?

Beat the Odds Tip: The difference between stupidity and genius is genius has its limits.

-Einstein

Have a good week I know I will.

Eric Jones

The Blog www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

1 comment:

cdsdds said...

This week's question how often is a grown man supposed to cry?

Whenever his wife tells him to.

Curtis