9.22.2008

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.44 (Lunch pick me up)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.44

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

            I guess since sneezing is a good sign that your body is not running at 100% there is a saying that is said after a person sneezes to make them feel better I guess.  In several different languages a sneezer is wished by the person closest to them 'health' which is good because sneezing precedes most sicky stuff.  I think Milhouse said it best when he said, "…And when you sneeze, that's your soul trying to escape. Saying god bless you crams it back in."  There are several languages that let you know that wish that the sneezer 'lives long.'  This thought is crazy; don't they know that the person that is sneezing is not feeling well?  Like they really want to live long and keep sneezing all of the time.  Gees these guys are crazy.  This one is funny in Norway, Sweden, and Denmark they say 'Prosit' which is Latin meaning 'may it advantage you.'  How does a sneeze advantage someone?  All I know is that I have been sneezing all weekend and not one advantageous thing has happened to me.  Well I take that back one time Jenny and I were driving in the car and I sneezed and blew snot all over the steering wheel.  Oh wait there was no advantage there, it was just gross and cool at the same time.  Do you know what is worse than sneezing?  Getting the sensation of sneezing then you get the watery eyes and you tip your head back ready to blow; but as you tip your head back something inside of you head shifts and you no longer have to sneeze.  What is that all about?  I get really angry with my body when that happens so I try to induce a sneeze by looking at the sun.  This will sometimes work but most of the time it just hurts my eyes.  Stupid weak eyes, why can't you stare at the sun for a long time?  I guess the point of this week's lesson is don't get sick because you just start hating your body

           

Trivia Time:  I have to say that there was some good remakes brought to my attention.  One in particular I thought was better than the rest and that is Landslide.  Smashing Pumpkins remade it good style then Dixie Chicks remade it bad style.  Thank you Eric Dunn for pointing that out to all of us.  This week's question is how fast does snot come of a humans nostrils when said human sneezes?

 

Beat the Odds Tip:  Someday it will be said by people that our generation was the greatest generation that ever lived on this planet.  But they will only be because we twisted their arm until they said it.

 

So it was Christmas in September for Jenny and I.  After getting bit by the Wii bug in May Jenny and I have had the plan of getting ourselves a Wii for Christmas.  Turns out Christmas is on September 19th this year, that is when we opened our Christmas gift.  Did anybody else open their Christmas present early too?  Personally I think that I am going to do this more often that way on Christmas morning there is nothing to do but eat food!  Oh and play with your already used stuff.  It will be great oh don't forget with presents out of the way we will be able to talk about Jesus more too.  That is really why we opened our presents early.

           

Have a good week I know I will now keep your fingers crossed.

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

 

 

No comments: