9.29.2008

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.45 (Something to snack on)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.45

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

            Often times in life we have experiences that make us reflect on our lives and what we have done.  At this junction in my life that is exactly what is happening.  In order to graduate from the University I have to fill out a form and submit it before November 1st.  As I begun filling this out I started to think about some of the classes I had and some of the great stories I had in those classes.  I had to stop and chuckle at the Psychology class I took that was at 10 in the morning but one day I went thinking it was the right time only to find out I was an hour late.  Oh well, I didn't have to go to class that day.  I left the funny part out which was what was said to me by the class. Or my first College class ever that was a math class at 7 in mornings.  That was pure silliness.  On my first test I got a C or was that a See me after class?  I don't remember.  I passed that class too.  College has been one experience in my life that if I had to go back and do it again I wouldn't change a thing.  I would have done it the same way.  Well I guess there is one thing I would have changed.  I would have played more air hockey and ate more pizza.  Oh sweet, sweet pizza.

                       

Trivia Time:  Nobody knew that snot flies out of your nose at around the speed of 100 mph.  Mind blow! Literally.  This week is how many eggs does a typical chickens lay per year?

 

Beat the Odds Tip:  If you ever find yourself eating something that requires more than two hands, you know when that time comes you will know what to do, I hope.

 

So Jenny and I went to Body Worlds this past week and it was fascinating to see the human body in that light.  I am of course talking about the human body without any skin on it; I am not talking about the track lighting in the museum.  So the tour starts with them giving you a little booklet for you to write your thoughts in.  I got one of those because it was so small I could put it in my pocket and write things in that I need to remember.  So that was pretty cool.  Side note if I had used it like I thought I was going to I wouldn't have had to take 3 trips to Home Depot on Saturday.  Any who, the exhibit is something that should be experienced by all who are interested; however, I was not interested but I still liked it.  Let me just tell you at the beginning, the real beginning of the tour people move slowly and take their sweet time.  It is dark and your eyes don't adjust quickly.  So here is what happened to me.  I was standing waiting my turn to walk by the table of bodily organs when I was kicked by an middle aged women and when I looked she was giving me a really crusty look like, "Hey what do you think you're doing."  As if it were my fault so I said, "Sorry."  To which she responded, "Oh that is ok."  That is when I had it, what is the deal with that lady placing the blame on me and not apologizing for kicking me.  So I said, not directly to her, "I am sorry, but you kicked me."  I wanted to follow that up with, "Didn't your mother teach you any manners?"  But I didn't because she is probably a really nice lady she just was so excited to see the exhibit she couldn't contain herself.  The point is if you can go to the exhibit without other people there that would be the best time to go.  All in all it is great.

           

Have a good week I know I will now keep your fingers crossed.

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

 

No comments: