12.28.2008

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.05

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.05

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

Merry Christmas! I gave you a week off so you didn't feel pressured to read this during the busy holiday season.  I am sure that like me you were very preoccupied with buying merchandise for your loved ones.  I just have one thing to say to you all. Hold your breath.  Make a wish.  Count to three.  Come with me, and you'll be in a world of pure imagination.  Take a look and you'll see into your imagination.  We'll begin with a spin traveling in the world of my creation.  What we'll see will defy explanation.  If you want to view paradise; simply look around and view it.  Anything you want to, do it.  Wanta change the world? There's nothing to it.  There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination.  Living there you'll be free.  If you truly wish to be.  Often times in my deepest despair I think of these words and they buoy my spirits just enough to feel like I am actually completing something in this life that is truly worth something.  Also since we last spoke I had the opportunity to see what I am going to say is the second best concert I have ever been to in my life.  Neil Diamond came to town the Friday before Christmas and the comparisons between Neil and Santa are shocking to say the least.  Neil is jovial like Santa.  Santa loves a cup of warm milk, like Neil.  Oh also Neil is super awesome, like Santa.  See how shocking the similarities are?  Also, if you are like me you have thought to yourself, how does Santa get all of the money to (1) run a toy factory in the cold weather of the North Pole and (2) produce enough toys for all the nice boys and girls of the world.  The answer is clear now, like the song says I am one year older and wiser too, Neil Diamond is Santa Clause.  The concerts are how Santa pays for all of the good treats for the little kids.  So I think that all of you parents that have kids should thank me for buying a ticket to Santa's concert so that he could build toys for your little girls and boys. 

Trivia Time:  I guess nobody wanted to express their opinion about Blank Check.  Side note about that.  The kid that was in Blank Check sent me an email thanking me for reminding all of you about that awesome movie.  Ok this week's question is.  The above song lyrics come from, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.  So the question is why did they call it Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and not Charlie and the Chocolate Factory after the book title?

Beat the Odds Tip: Give a man a jingle and he will jingle for just one day.  Teach a man to jingle and he will Jingle All the Way.

Science has produced many great things in this world but I think that the greatest of them all is this.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFffR-_KUw0

            Have a good week I know I will.  

Eric Jones

The Blog www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: