2.02.2009

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.10

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.10

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

How many have I told you what was going to happen in the Super Bowl and it has come true?  If you guessed never then you are correct.  I think that one of these years the NFL will read my plot summary for the big Game and try to mimic it as best as possible.  So anywho, this is my last week at the Division of Water Rights I have been hired on at the Division of Water Resources.  It is just upstairs from where I currently work now.  So it is good that I have been doing some calisthenics to get into shape.  I will have to walk up several more stairs and to a different office.  How will I manage?  Only time will tell.  It is so weird because it doesn't matter what goes on in my life it always seem to be leading me to being an adult.  I want to be an adult because then you have to make decisions.  I guess that is why parents tell their children never to grow up because know how lame life is.  Being responsible is the worst form -ble there is.  I would rather be likeable than responsible.  I would rather blow bubbles than be responsible.  I would rather arguable than be responsible.  I could go on forever baby.  The point is growing up sucks.  However, growing up has allowed me to meet my wife and have the joy of being married with baby on the way.  I guess that I have to take the good with the bad.  But why I can't just keep the good I had take in more good then get rid of the bad I had and boom I just have good.  One last thought, the old nursery rhyme is true.  Eric and Jenny sitting in a K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love then comes marriage then baby in a baby carriage.  We purchased our baby carriage a few weeks ago.  I can't even grow a good beard.  Aren't laws about me having a child before a beard?

 

Trivia Time:  Last week's winners were Danny Sorensen and Eric Dunn.  They knew that Karl was the 13th pick.  This week's question is how often did I use the word combination, 'Sweet as Ding-Dongs on a hot patio chair' during the Super Bowl?

 

Beat the Odds Tip:  If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie and wipe the seatie.

 

Intramural basketball started this past Thursday up on the hill.  Our team, Vsser 1, is a force to be reckoned with.  I have never seen a better team playing a sport that was designed to build character.  The game was over after the first half.  We were winning like 40 to 14 or something like that.  So that enabled us to let loose and really build character.  Our character was so built that when we left people were talking about it.  I think this week I am going to dunk during the game.  Not because I can but because I can't and I always like to reach new heights.

 

Have a good week I know I will now keep your fingers crossed.

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Brianne & Jarod said...

Ummm..so I think I just PEED my pants laughing at that picture of you and DANNY! Your blog is something awesome!