2.09.2009

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.11 (How sweet it is to be mean)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.11

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

I started my new job today.  I think that is great to start a new job.  I haven't done it for a few years so it is interesting to go through the process again.  I am going to relate starting a new job is like learning how to ride a bike.  At first you are there thinking this bike thing ain't that bad.  I can do this!  Then you get put on the bike and you start to get a little wobbly and you have self doubt and think that you can't do it.  Then you fall.  Oh man falling sucks.  So the moral of the story as long as you keep pedaling you stay up.  Bikes man, they work you just have to keep pedaling and boom and you will stay up.  The funny thing is if you could look back at the first time you got on bike I think that you would start to giggle, because you looked ridiculous.  Much like what you look like at a new job sitting there in your sweater/polo shirt combo.  Isn't that just silly?  I hope that all that haven't learned to ride a bike take a quick look at their lives and think about how their lives will be benefited by learning to ride a bike.  Riding a bike actually makes you less cool?

 

Trivia Time:  Nobody knew that I didn't even say that phrase once.  This week's question is what is my favorite kind of candy bar?

 

Beat the Odds Tip:  Only you can prevent forest fires.

 

It is my birthday this week.  Since I am now turning 26 I feel that presents aren't that important anymore but if you were to get me a present I would like a real creamy banana crème pie.  You like what they have in the temple.  Oh man that is fantastic stuff.  The temple should have a new slogan that reads, 'Come for the Lord stay for the pie!'  or maybe it could read, 'The pie is the worth year wait after getting baptized.'  Or simply, 'The pie, isn't it about time you visited the temple again?'  I hope that no harm befalls me as I drive around this great state of Utah.

 

Have a good week I know I will now keep your fingers crossed.

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: