2.18.2009

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.12 (the late late edition)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.12

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

Why is it that every time I think that Uncle Sam is going to stop sticking it to me he turns around and stabs in me in the back. As I sit at home watching what the current federal government is doing I just can't help but think that something is not running smoothly. I thought, "Hey lets create a stimulus package because the other ones that were created did so much good." I tell you what did do go was when I got that check from the uncle and boom I used as I needed. I am pretty sure we just used it to help pay off our house. So I say, "Why not just spread this new stimulus over the entire nation like a nice blanket that holds us tight." Think about if the government gave all the legal tax paying citizens a check for like $100,000.00. I have thought about it and thought, "Hey that would be great because I would use it to pay off the house and car and go on a trip, in America." So how does that not help the economy? It really helps meconomy, which is defined as my personal economy. It would also help out the uconomy (figure that one out on your own). Like the Beetles song says, "We can work it out." These thoughts probably have some huge flaws, I am just saying let's try something different and maybe it will work. How about it Obama? I have a clean record and am I good follower at times. Can't I be your Secretary of Commerce? I buy stuff everyday, isn't that qualification enough?

Trivia Time: Ok everybody my favorite candy bar is a Reese's peanut butter cup. This week's question is what more can the Jazz do to win their next two games? (Celtics, Hornets)

Beat the Odds Tip: If life hands you lemons make lemonade and then toss it in the face of the person who gave you the lemons until they give you the oranges.

So another one bites the dust, Brady is the latest victim of the vicious appendix. What is the deal with the seemingly useless body part? I have one you have one (some of you) but why do we have them. They serve no purpose, now, but they did. I found this on the internet. The purpose of the appendix: The appendix is a small organ in the human body that at one point was thought to contain magical powers. This was thought to be true because Merlin the great wizard of King Arthur appendix got so large it exploded and he died from being too powerful. Merlin was a wizard that could predict the future. He knew how steam engines would work long before they were invented, the same with airplanes and helicopters. He could also change shapes; he changed into a fish, a squirrel, and a small germ. He was the first proponent of the phrase, "Knowledge is power!" Because if you think then you have power and he knew that if he could out think you then he could control you. It is a good thing that the appendix can only allow a person to become so powerful before it explodes. Other wise we would live in a world full of wizard tricks and magic non-sense. What a minute, wizard tricks and magic non-sense. Blasted appendix, blast you to hell! My brothers and Dan were well on their way to becoming wizards and you had to ruin it for them. You can't control me I am going to learn the ways of the wizard and when you think I have had too much I am going to learn a little bit more and then we will see who will be laughing. Probably you appendix, but still it would have been good run for me.

Get well soon Brady. Doc Holliday always said, "Laughter is the best medicine." I guess that is why he died at 36. But you still have a few years till you get there.

Have a good week I know I will now keep your fingers crossed.

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: