2.23.2009

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.13 (If I don't get lunch then I will be hungry)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.13

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

So as a first timer to this whole baby thing I have to take classes.  I didn't choose the classes Jenny did the picking something about her carrying the baby and having to birth the baby.  She chose to do HypnoBirthing® - The Mongan Method - is a unique method of relaxed, natural childbirth education, enhanced by self-hypnosis techniques. HypnoBirthing® provides the missing link that allows women to use their natural instincts to bring about a safer, easier, more comfortable birthing. Emphasis is placed on pregnancy and childbirth, as well as on pre-birth parenting and the consciousness of the pre-born baby. As a birthing method, HypnoBirthing® is as new as tomorrow and as old as ancient times. "We believe that every woman has within her the power to call upon her natural instincts to bring about the best possible birthing for her baby and herself"-Marie F. Mongan  Jenny and I have been to one class so far and I loved every minute of it.  It really was something awesome.  As we sat there together we learned several important things like it is important that we a lot of steak in these last few months to get the protein we need.  Also that Yoda's advice applies not only to life but to birthing as well.  "Try, try not. Do, Do not there is no try."  That is so true.  So to you Jenny I say we just have to do it.  Eat so much steak that when this whole thing is over we crave steak nightly and have to continue to eat it otherwise we would turn into ravenous beasts.  Also just a quick note from now if somebody asks me when the baby is due, I am to responded, "The baby will birth when the baby is ready to be birthed."  Or I could say, "Only the Lord knows."  Or the one I think I will use most of the time, "2009." We are supposed to do this because don't create extra stress.  A baby is never late or early.  A baby is on time because only baby knows when he/she is ready to come to the world.

Trivia Time:  Andrea was right the Jazz had to give 110% to win and they did.  This week's question is why am I so lightheaded right now?

 

Beat the Odds Tip:   If you turn a frown upside you don't get a smile you get an upside frown.  In some cultures an upside frown is more accepted than a smile.

 

Does anybody like free food?  What is that you say, you do.  Me too.  Danny sent out this link to me and said that I need to include it in the ol' newsletter.  This is especially good for those of us that travel to the great northwest.  Quiznos is giving away a million subs.  Just click the link below and your mind and body will be fed with sweet delicious subs.  Oh so sweet. http://www.millionsubs.com   This makes think.  Will they be giving away awesome free stuff when the economy isn't bad?  But we don't have to worry about that do we?

 

Have a good week I know I will now keep your fingers crossed.

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

 

No comments: