3.23.2009

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.17 (afternoon nap)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.17

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

All too often in life we take for grant it the little things that slip through our fingers without us knowing.  My Great Grandma Hull pasted away this past weekend and I have to admit I probably wasn't the best at visiting her in the past few years.  Ok I was the worst at it.  I guess I just had a jerk attitude about it because she was living far away and I am sure that she didn't remember me.  That still doesn't give me the right to not go.  However, I still have great memories of this wonderful lady.  When I was younger she would always get me over by her and say one of the following phrases to me, "Ugly cats make cute kittens."  I loved that one because not only was she calling me cute but she was calling my parents ugly.  Oh the fun!  The other was in Italian, "Skieto neo," or something to that effect which translated means, a little bird that still poops in the nest.  She would tell this to me when I was a teenager.  I didn't know what to say back to her so I just smiled and backed away.  I also remember one Christmas when she was 90 or so she demonstrated that she was still very flexible.  She could reach down and touch the back of her hands on the ground, without bending her knees.  I can't even do that.  Then later she demonstrated her somersault technique.  It was very good.  I was very impressed.  I hope that if I make it that far I will be able to do that too. 

 

Trivia Time:  Eric was the only one that guessed and he right Chattanooga is a beautiful place.  This week's question is what is the area of a circle whose diameter is 6?

 

Beat the Odds Tip:  Math kills.

 

The NCAA tournament has been a great one so far.  However my brackets are not as good as I hoped when I filled them out but whose is?  Oh wait Jenny's is.  I am pretty sure that Jenny is home right now living it up loving every minute of that fact that she is beating her husband and several sports fans in our Doritos Brackets.  Oh what a world.  I can't even begin to explain how upsetting it is for me to be in this position.  She never out rubs it in my face but every time this past weekend that I turned on the games she would say, "I wondering who is winning the brackets?"  When she knew good and well who was winning.  Oh well she thinks that Louisville is going to win it all which simply is not true.  Go Pitt! 

 

Have a good week I know I will now keep your fingers crossed.

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

 

 

No comments: