4.06.2009

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.18

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.18

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

Oh man I all week long I kept saying to myself I have some pretty good stuff for the letter this week then when push came to shove I got nothing.  I am going to blame that on two things.  First off I have taken several naps in the last few days.  Secondly, my wife is trying to get me to stop drinking Pepsi.  Oh man this is battle she is not going to win.  I am too crafty for her.  Mostly we don't work together and so I can just get one at work.  At what point does this addiction take over my life and completely control everything I do.  You know like you see on TV when somebody tries to sell like their own kids to get a score.  I don't know if it will ever get to that point because I have good suppliers.  Both my mom and Jenny's mom have amply supply of the liquid gold at their homes.  So as long as Pepsi keeps putting expiration dates on their cans I will be in Pepsi heaven.  As long as I can think up excuses to go and watch TV at my parent's house I will be in Pepsi heaven.  However, these excuses are becoming few and far between since summer is just around the corner.  I guess I can always tell Jenny oh yeah I have to go to my parent's house to watch reruns of Full House so I can learn how to be a better dad.  I think that will work. 

 

Trivia Time:  How many times do I have to say one word over and over until it becomes so annoying that Jenny will slap me?

 

Beat the Odds Tip:  Running fast is good but running faster is better.

 

I wanted to close by telling a story that was told to me & I couldn't contain my laughter.  The setting is an office where the workers work closely with the boss.  There is one person in charge of opening packages that contain the office supplies and stocking them in the appropriate areas.  So one day the lady at the front desk gave her the package that supposedly contained office supplies.  So as the stock supplier opened the package she let out a soft scream.  Then she said, "This is not office supplies."  She quickly returned to the front desk saying that she wasn't supposed to open this package.  She showed the other gals what the package was.  It was a bottle of pills with Chinese writing on it then it said in English, "Stay strong all night long."  The supplier quickly thought I will just put it on his desk and act like nothing happened.  The front desk gal did not this because she thought that for sure the boss would get embarrassed and accuse her of opening his mail.  What were they to do?  I think at this point most logical people would have hid the package gone home tried to repackage the box then bring it in the next day for the boss.  They decided against this and just threw it in the big dumpster outside.

 

Have a good week I know I will now keep your fingers crossed.

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

 

 

No comments: