6.29.2009

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.29 (Off to hit balls)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.29

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

We live in a community that is often times thought of as dangerous or at least not so safe that we could leave our doors unlocked with a sign saying valuables inside door unlocked. This is to say that we should always certain precautions so that we don't find ourselves in deep trouble trying to fight our way out of a really sticky situation. Anyway the point I am trying to make is that this past week I found myself in an interesting situation. I work on North Temple and Redwood Road; it is not the best part of town. There are a few scary people, I have heard of several robberies that have taken place at the gas station where I get my refills, I have seen a few high speed police chases by my office and sometimes it smells like urine in the parking lot. So when I heard somebody say to me last week, "Excuse me Sir." I thought that I better get the change out of pocket for these people so I can scurry off. However, they offered me money to drive them some where in the neighborhood. After a split second thought of, this will make a good story, I decided that it would be a good idea to take them where they needed to go. After thinking about the story it just made think of how I wish that life was like a 'Choose Your Own Adventure' book. That way if you get to escared you could simple go back to where you chose poorly. So we got into my car, after some rearranging of the garbage that I keep in there. We were off, it was a quick three minute ride to a local neighborhood. At the end of the ride they offered me some money again, I declined and wished them well. I have thought about that several times since it happened and hoped that sometime in the future the universe will repay the favor and find me a ride when I need one.

 

Trivia Time:  Age is tricky subject but alas we all get older every second. This week's question is what is the world's fastest land animal?

 

Beat the Odds Tip:  If you every encounter a man with a knife the best thing to do understand the context of situation. Man with knife cutting up fruit ok. Man with knife cutting up pictures of you, probably not ok, better run.

 

My heart goes out to all of those Charlie Angel fans and MJ fans. Life is full of ups and downs but I don't remember ever having two people die in the same day that had a large influence on the pop culture world. I wish I had like Farrah and dances moves like Michael. May you rest in piece and cross that great gulf in the next life.

 

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: