7.06.2009

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.30 (Back on the chain gang)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.30

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

It was the fourth of July and we celebrated the nation's birth with a bang. With the three day weekend for you five day work week people it was nice to enjoy some golfing on Friday morning. We set out early in the morning for Tooele to play Overlake golf course. It was a lovely course. Here is what I recommend to all those that play the course. When you approach water that is within eye's shot of the water treatment plant do not drives threw any standing water with your cart. You will be sorry. Tim and I did that thinking, "Hey this water would be fun to drive through." It did provide lots of laughs but Tim and I smelt like a middle school bathroom. I can tolerate most smells but I found myself wanting to throw up several times with that smell on me. After golf we ate at American Burgers. Because come on it was the 4th of July weekend. Here is some more advice, do not enter into small confined places when smelling like poop it only makes it worse. To get home from Tooele we decided that it would be fun to drive up and over Butterfield canyon. It truly was a beautiful drive however it is not recommend to take small sedans over a non-paved canyon road. Unless you have the driving skills.

 

Trivia Time:  The world's fastest animal is not Russell Loncynaz (I think that is how it is spelled, if not maybe that is how should start spelling it.) it is a cheetah. Danny and Mom knew that. This week's question is how many wrongs does it take to make one right?

 

Beat the Odds Tip:  If faced with the decision of sleep or a free burrito always take the burrito.

 

The 4th itself was another great day; I woke up early to water the garden only to hear the loud musket shots from the parade. It was so hot at 8:00 am that I was glad to not be out watching the parade. Then after I was done with that I went back to sleep. Then I woke to take some tables and chairs to the in-laws for the blessing luncheon. I returned home to take another nap while watching The Naked Gun 33 1/3. So far, not much better. Then it was onto the in-laws to set some stuff up and get some meats inside my belly. There were activities a plenty at the BBQ. Basketball, horseshoes, water balloons, kids screaming, and sweating. The highlights of the BBQ were the continued unbeaten streak I have going in Horseshoes. I don't know why I don't go pro. Is there any money in that sport professionally? To wrap the night up before fireworks started we played a kickball game. That has to be one of the best sports ever invented by man. Maybe it wasn't even invented by man but rather by some sort of highly intelligent civilization that came down one day and said, "Let us spread joy to all inhabitants of this great world." "How will we do that?" Asked a lesser intelligent being, but still far more intelligent than humans. "The other beings in unison joyful shouted, "Kickball." And so it was proclaimed by the inhabitants of the earth that Kickball was awesome. You thought Stonehenge was nothing important. Wrong that was where the first Kickball game was ever played. Think about.

 

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: