8.17.2009

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.35

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.35

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

It is not every week that you start it out thinking you are truly the luckiest guy on earth. In fact one week ago I was wondering what else could go wrong with my state of being. Turns out not a lot after several heated debates between Jenny and I it was determined that we needed to buy a new vehicle so that I could keep working and finish school. After many searches we figured out that if we didn't the status quo to change then the car we could afford was little more than 4 wheels and a steering wheel. So that was good news for me. We had found the car that we were going to purchase had it all ready to go. The people were super nice and they were willing to repair a chip in the window prior to changing of the title. On Wednesday morning I was on my home from work to change my pants because there was a huge hole in my pants. From what I don't know; oh wait I do, that was a fun night. I was just entering the freeway when I received a phone call from the police station; they told me that they found my car. Being lazy I didn't really want to go get it because we had another car ready to go. Also I thought that the car would be in parts and the cops just found bits and pieces of it after they raided a drug home. So I picked up Jenny and Gigi and away we went into the heart of North Salt Lake. The cops were already there waiting for me. I opened the door put my key in the ignition and it didn't go in very far, the cop told me to turn it anyway. The car started right up. He told me that I could now start the car with any pointy object. He then said that if I had a nail file I could use that. I couldn't help but laugh, a nail file? Oh just let me pull that out and I will use that. So anyway the car was running and the keys were in my hand. The cops said that I should do something to disable the starter so that only I know how to start it up. They recommended a kill switch, or just simply removing the fuses. I tell you what my car must be some sort of beast from the depths of hell itself because I removed all of the fuses and it still started. So the last thing they recommended was that I get the club. So I have one of those now. It is pretty funny putting that on every time. I give one of those quick glances around the parking lot to see if anybody is looking then I slap it on. It must be working because my car is still in the parking lot. Or is it? To make sure it doesn't get stolen again I have been taking breaks every 30 seconds to check on the car.

           

Trivia Time:  Last week's answer was 25 seconds. This week's question is if you are driving a 1990 Honda Accord do you have to lock your doors?

 

Beat the Odds Tip:  Drinking water can save your life

 

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: