8.10.2009

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.34

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.34

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

            As I look toward to the future I realize that I will have to start waking up earlier in order to work my full ten hours in a given day and make it to the classes I am taking at the University. You know there are certain things that happen in peoples lives that make you understand that things happen for a reason. Take for instance last Monday around 3:00 PM, most of you were probably doing stuff not by my work so you have been eliminated from the suspects list, however there are still several of you on that list. Especially people that look large and pixilated and that obey traffic signs. Some of you know what I am talking about others are just sweating bullets because you might be caught. This past Monday my vehicle was stolen out of my work parking lot. It is a funny experience having your car stolen. It made me reflect on a short list of things that have been stolen from me and by far car is at the top of the funniest. Way funnier than a couple hundred dollars and by the least funny of the stuff was my Mark Price jersey. The jersey was returned at a later date. I often times think about what was going through my head when I realized that my car was gone. I thought first, "Hey I must have parked somewhere else today." Then after I walked the entire parking lot I thought, "Ha my car was stolen." I appreciate some of the sympathetic verbiage I have received from people. You know what the worst part of it is? I have to ride the bus and train again in the heat of summer. For those of you that don't remember people on the train range from semi-stinky (me) to oh my hell how does a human smell like that (most everybody else). Anyway I am up at 5:30 AM every morning to walk to the train and get to work on time. So on the positive side I will be ready for the start of the fall semester when I have to be up at 5 and to work by 5:30 AM. It will be a long semester but in the end it will be worth it. I hope. Another positive is I was able to have a lot of laughs and take several years off my life. Whereas the person that stole my car is probably really stressed out and they are going to die way before me, probably by natural causes but who knows?

 

Trivia Time:  Last week's question stumped everybody. This week's question is how long does it take a thief to steal a car?

 

Beat the Odds Tip:  If you ever find yourself in a bad situation just laugh because I am sure who ever put you in that bad situation is laughing about what they did to you.

 

Jenny and I took a trip down to Mountain Meadows this past week. For those of you that don't know about the historic event that took place there 152 years ago you should do a quick google and you can read about. Anyway it was a good trip down to a cool southern Utah. I had a couple of thoughts that I felt like are worthy for you to read. What if from SLC to St. George there were still savages that tried to stop you from continuing on your journey? Wouldn't that make your trip so much better if you had to be leary of everything on the road? Like you would say, "Is that a trap? Are those people really stopped because they have a flat tire?" It would be like the sand people in Star Wars. Pretty cool unless you get captured by them then sorry to be you is all that can be said. The other thought is this. In St. George we stayed at the home of Ken and Luann Spiers and we are very thankful for their hospitality. On Saturday morning she made us breakfast, it was so good and instead the traditional butter in a cube she had this spray butter. Has anyone else had this butter? It is pure gold, I liked to hold the spray bottle above the plate so that when I applied the butter is got on everything. What a great idea. Hopefully the person that thought of that one some sort of a Noble Prize for it.

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: