9.21.2009

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.40

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.40

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

You know as I sit and watch the leaves begin to change I can't help but think about all of the things that have changed in my life since the first edition of this mindless dribble I write every week. It is weird to think that I have been married, had child and graduated college all within this half decade. Now the weirder thing is it is now official my little girl Gigi (4 months) is a crawling machine. She has been able to push herself on her back and roll anywhere. It was fun to watch her get from one point to another by doing a series of rolls combined with scoots then more rolls. Now she has discovered that if she stays on her belly and pushes she can get there more efficiently. She looks a lot like sea creature that is trying to reach something on dry land. She pushes up with her arms then kicks with her legs and forward she goes, then she repeats. Last night she crawled 30+ feet. She can also sit by herself for several moments before she falls over due to being too top heavy. I take all the credit for this by the way. Because if it weren't for my motivation she would probably just sit there drool. So goals that we can check off this week, crawling, sitting and kicking dad in the neck. Goals that still need to be checked off, not kicking dad in the neck, walking, and open heart surgery. She has set some pretty lofty goals for herself but with my help she will be the best warrior in the village. Note that talking is not on the list, I am trying to teach her to be a good listener before she can talk. Like the Cat Stevens song says, "From the moment I could talk, I was ordered to listen." So why learn to talks just listen and you will be fine?

 

Trivia Time: People drive fast because they forget to enjoy the ride, thanks for insight Jenny. This week's question is how many teeth does an adult Great White shark have?

 

Beat the Odds Tip: Sleeping is good when you are tired

 

I haven't talked to all of my sports friends that cheer for Utah affiliated programs but I am sure that none of you have taken it so hard that you are no longer with us. It is just a game and this outcome was sure to come sooner or later for our teams right? Like the TLC song says, "Don't go chasing waterfalls. Stick to the rivers and lakes that you are used to." I never really understood what this meant until now. It simple means don't try hard for something just sit back put your feet and everything will work out fine. I think Utah and BYU should start playing Snow college every year followed by SUU and Dixie then they could always get to the big rivalry game with a perfect record. Oh also they should drop out of conference play so they don't have to play TCU. They could be like Notre Dame. Then we will make a movie about a young kid that wants to be on both teams so bad but is too small. We will generate so much hype about the programs that they will start to get national credibility and the BCS will have to put them in the big games at the end of the season. How sweet it will be baby.

 

 

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: