9.14.2009

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.39 (Let it rain baby)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.39

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

Well hot doggy it is raining hard outside and I am loving every minute of it. Because here is how it happens, it starts to rain and then the plants and everything start to go dormant because guess what we are not getting as much sun. The sun is awesome however, when it starts to go away you know what that means. First and for most all of the people that should cover up do, thank heavens for that, I am tired of looking at awkward skin. Secondly, sweater weather! I love to wear sweaters next to a t-shirt I could wear sweater all day long.  I think that who ever invented them should win the noble prize every year. I mean think of all the great things that have been done wearing sweaters. The Bears 1985 season, the Utes championship basketball seasons in the mid 90's, and me riding my scooter to work. See those are great things that have dramatically impacted this world in which we now live. So I say the next time you go outside don't get angry because the sun is not as shinny just go to your local Savers or Desert Industries and buy a new old sweater and wear it with pride. Our ancestors did so much for us, this includes the sweaters that they bought and then got rid of.

 

Trivia Time: Yeah I could probably walk to NYC, if I needed to. This week's question is why do so many people like to drive fast?

 

Beat the Odds Tip: Life is ever changing that is why we have sweaters.

 

Just a couple of more weeks and we are in the heat of Baseball Playoffs. Then a couple of weeks after that we will be what I call the best time of the year. My wife's birthday, Halloween, World Series, NFL in full swing, NBA starting up (so I am full of hope), college football still going strong, and me in a sweater just watching it all happen and sipping some hot apple cider (I don't even like apple cider). I know that there are some of you out there that are saying oh man it sure seems like his life is mostly about sports. I would have to say that that statement is not entirely untrue. In fact I would say that most of the time that I have conflicts with my schedule it is because of sports. All I can say about that is at least it is not something else like prostitution. For instance I have never once said, "Oh yeah I can't go out tonight because I have to be a prostitute tonight." However, I have said, "Sure we can go out tonight as long as we go somewhere, where I can watch the game." In fast since Jenny and I don't have cable I like to try and talk her into going out so we can watch a game or two. I do know that there are always things that take precedence over sports. For instance I was watching the U of U football game when Jenny called and told me that Roscoe ate a poopie diaper and I had to come home to help out with that. I did. Roscoe is fine BTW.

 

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Fried Pickles! Danny assured me they were good but they were not. Great blogs. I love seeing pictures of Gwen, she is really cute.