9.29.2009

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.41 (The Late Late Edition)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.41

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

I never thought somebody so sanitary would like going to a place like Savers. Last night for a family outing we went to the newly remodeled Savers on 7200 south and State St. It was fun to walk in and see Jenny's little eyes light up as she looked at all the stuff. She reminded me of what I looked like my first few trips to such a glorious place. I still don't understand how she tolerated the store because she gets really grossed out when my hands are dirty and I touch her. For those of you that haven't been to a Savers your hands stay clean as long as you don't touch anything, but as soon as you touch a shirt or a jacket or funny picture of Don Quixote your hands instantaneously get a nice layer of protection. It is like a pair of dirt gloves that is with you until you scrub your hands really hard. If you asked me and I think that you are it is totally worth it to go to Savers and find rare gems that will bring joy to all those who lay their eyes on it. I am still looking for a Members Only jacket so if anybody finds a cache of those I want one.

 

Trivia Time: An adult Great White Shark has teeth numbering in the hundreds. Just think about cleaning those teeth. Go on think about it. Dangerous. This week's question is what is the best combination of fighting words every?

 

Beat the Odds Tip: Music is cool if you listen to it

 

As we go through life we always hear things like oh this event is going to define this person or oh that event is what defined this person and what they did etc. I have been thinking that why do we need to limit defining things as events only? We can just, after the fact, find a song that will define a certain time frame of our lives. For instance yesterday was a Monday and I was tired all day because I didn't get my needed 24 hours of sleep over the weekend (That is just 8 hours of sleep a night) and I didn't get a relaxing nap on Sunday. So the point is I was tired. So what song would define that moment? How about The Mamas and The Papa Monday, Monday? No I think a better song for that would be The Bangles, Manic Monday. Yeah that one is perfect. I only hope that at one point in my life the new hit song by Miley Cyrus defines what I just did. Party in the USA is so choice as they would say in the 90's. Other songs that I think are currently defining important events:

President Obama: Man in the Mirror

United States Congress: Leonard Nimoy's Ballad of Bilbo Baggins I don't even know what this means.

Gigi: Pump up the Jam

School Semester: The NeverEnding Story

My Fantasy Football Team: Great Balls of Fire

 

 

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: