10.05.2009

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.42 (Trying to fight off starvation)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.42

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

There are so many things in life I don't understand and yet it still amazes me to go about my daily life and find more things that I don't understand going on. I am not professing to be some sort of a wizard and know instantly who is a witch and who is not a witch but I do think that I have some sort of grip on the basic understanding of life's on goings. However, as I drive on the road I often shake my head in disgust as I see somebody driving like an idiot because they feel like their life is more important than the several thousands of people driving at that very moment. I just wish that those people would send out an email or update their Facebook status informing us that they will driving from point A to point B during such and such hours so that we can make sure to blanket the ground with rose peddles so their tires don't have to drive on the hot asphalt. Here is what I have come to understand about driving that may help some of those people. The signal is not to indicate that you have already changed lanes rather the signal is to be turned on prior to the lane change then the lane change occurs and then you turn the signal off. The signal should blink at least three times in this process. Secondly just because the car in front of you was able to make the turn that does not mean that you can turn right behind them. A young lady was chatting on her cell phone and turned right in front of me, in a parking lot, so I had to apply pressure on the breaks and slow to a stop to allow her to finish her turn. I was proud of myself because usually I would just lay on the horn to ensure that she got my drift. I didn't do that this time rather I flashed my brights at her. I am pretty sure she didn't get the picture but it was exciting to talk about it.

 

Trivia Time: Last week's question stirred some controversy let's just leave it at 'Bring it on'. This week's question is what is the best way to determine the weight of a large object?

 

Beat the Odds Tip: It is always wise to put on pants or some sort of covering for the nether region.

 

In this month we celebrate some of the greatest things known to man. Ok not really I just always wanted to hype a month more than the other months and it seemed like October would be a good one to hype. Are you all following me? October is still a pretty cool month it is full of color and harvesting stuff and doing stuff inside because you are too lazy to put on a jacket of sorts to stay warm outside. But really I am excited for this month because yesterday, in light of the current on goings, Jenny and I watched the movie 'Rookie of the Year'. If you have not seen this movie since its release then you need to go and get a copy and watch it. The movie, not only has awesome one liners like "Funky, butt loving," it shows that only through movie magic the Cubs can win a World Series. I hope that you all will be tuning in and watching this years baseball playoffs. I know I will be. Go Angels!

 

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: