10.12.2009

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.43 (Hoping to find the wild things this Friday)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.43

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

It is funny that there are all of these movies out there that we haven't seen yet they keep making more movies at a rate that I can't comprehend. Also it is funny that there are all of these movies that I haven't seen yet I frequently elect to watch the same movies over and over and over again. As Jenny and I, one evening, were settling in to watch a movie I was going to pick one, probably "Clue" and she said, "No not that one." So I picked another one, probably "Spies Like Us". Again she said, "NO!" Then she said, "Why do you want to watch the same movies over and over." I didn't have a response to the question I just shrugged my shoulders and called it good. That is not the point the point is movies that we like to watch are movies that we saw once and said, "Hey I could watch that again and would like to have others watch it with me." As the years go by the movies start to take on a different personality. For instance the movie "Never Ending Story" I really enjoyed that movie as a young kid but when I watched it again recently I couldn't stand it. And last night Jenny picked out "My Girl" to watch together, I really like that movie but it was the first movie that I teared up in, but then again that was back when I thought Kevin McAllister had died and I didn't know it was all fake. But now that I understand more stuff that movie is even sadder. I mean who wants to watch a movie that makes you cry. I only want to watch movies that make you laugh and think that you are indestructible. Oh and movies that make you think you are a wizard. I love magic.

 

Trivia Time: I think to weigh a large object you should use a large scale or a large volume of water then submerse the object into the water or you could break it up into smaller pieces. What is the process of determining if somebody is a witch?

 

Beat the Odds Tip: If you are going to watch Baseball October is the best month to do that.

 

We have made it one week into Baseball playoffs and we now know that the Yankees play the Angels in the ALCS and the Dodgers will be playing the Phillies unless the Rockies step it up. I am super excited, because as Jenny told me that she felt different when she put on this jacket that she wore last when she was prego, I too feel different when the weather changes and the times to eat soups increases. Because I can just picture myself eating some soup, commenting on how good it is and watching Baseball playoffs. The awesome thing about Baseball playoffs is you can watch at your leisure. You can watch the game and build a birdhouse you can watch the game and carve a pumpkin you can watch the game and sleep you can watch the game and do whatever baby. It is all good. Go Angels! (It worked last week).

 

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: