10.26.2009

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.45 (Meat and Cheese are good for all occasions)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.45

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

This is the last week of Daylight Savings Time (DST). I don't know if any of you have been watching the Jay Leno show and have seen this guy Nick something talking about Daylight Spending Time. I have and I am here to tell you that although his ideas are noble I love falling back an extra hour and sleeping like a babe on the cold morning of the big clock turning. This week also holds another end, it was the end of an era for our yard. For those of you that have visited our house you would have seen the brick planter box by our front door. Well when you visit next time it won't be there. I took it out. It took some muscle and some know how but I did it and it looks ok for now but I still need to get some plants before I can really start to make it look good. Jenny is very skeptical of the whole thing but she did however, agree that the bricks needed to go. What she doesn't know, hang on. Jenny skip down to the next section. There we go. What she doesn't know is that I am going to secretly increase the size of the new flower garden every year and she won't even realize. (Evil laughter)

 

Trivia Time: The hottest Halloween costume would definitely be the sun.

 

Beat the Odds Tip: Dancing is like sitting only it takes a lot more work.

 

The World Series is set and every fiber of my being tells me that I have to cheer for the Phillies. I think that the Dodgers and Angels should just play a series for fun to see who comes in third. I would rather watch that. That is not true I totally want to watch the World Series. My mouth waters my fingers tingle and a smile comes on my face when I think about the World Series. I just thought I should mention this. This past Saturday was deemed a Saturday of miracles. It was a miracle win for the Utes, they always seem to struggle against Air Force. It was a miracle rain storm that kept the Angels alive one more day only to lose on not miracle Sunday. It was a miracle how BYU just couldn't seem to play their game, oh wait they did that is why they lost. So that is not really a miracle more of just what was expected. However, I am realist and I know that Utah will more than likely lose to TCU as well. Last but not least it was a miracle day for Real that jumped three spots to make it into the MLS playoffs. It is crazy because the only way that Real could make it into the playoffs seemed unachievable. It was like they were gambling and they won not the house, it was like they lathered themselves up in fish blood jumped into the mouth of a Great White Shark and the shark only nibbled a little then let them go. It was like they were trapped under a gas tank somebody lit a match threw it at the gas tank and nothing happened. It was the perfect disaster to make it into the playoffs as the 8th seed. Oh what a Saturday, but I think the biggest miracle of all was I discovered it is so easy to make pudding so the next time you see me I will probably be in a wheel chair due to a sudden weight increase and my shins brake.

 

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: