2.01.2010

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.5 (Monday Lunch again?)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.5

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

Have you ever had a goal and reached that goal then later decided that you shouldn't have started that goal until you were done writing your thesis? That is the boat I am in now. I love soda it is so delicious. But as you might remember I decided that soda was not for me anymore. However, now that I have a deadline for my thesis I have returned to my delicious friend to boost my brain juice. I have noticed that when I drink soda I type faster and longer. I have noticed that crazy ideas come into my head and the only thing I can do is type them up. I am some 15 pages into my 30 to 40 page thesis. It is coming along fine. I have to create another model that will show how snowmelt is being affected by climate change. There are those two words, climate change. I have typed those two words so many times I am sick to death of them. Does anybody else think I should abbreviate the phrase to CC? I have feeling that my review committee will not think that is too awesome. But just image if the other nerds that report about CC get wind of this awesome new way to say climate change. Heck I would even let people say ClCh (just sound it out). I have two weeks, did I already say that, to finish the last 20 pages of my thesis. I hope by the end of the thesis people that read it and don't say something like, "Thesis more like feces." I have thought about what my defense of my thesis will be like. It will start with me saying, "Hello." Then I will just start to shake and shake and the people there will think, "Hey this must be part of his defense, better wait and see how he ties it into ClCh." Then I will stop shaking violently and say, "Climate change sucks, we are all screwed!" Then I will start clapping. I am pretty sure somebody else will clap too. I would call that a successful defense.

 

Trivia Time: Danny S. knew that in order to have a good game of tiddlywinks you need 4 BFFs. This week's question is how many times can you say or type a word before it loses meaning?

 

Beat the Odds Tip: Friends are good but Nintendo is better.

 

My wife and I on Saturday had an experience that will not soon forget. Well maybe she will but I know I won't forget it. Let me just say before I tell what was awesome, that I have never been to Philadelphia, however, I am constantly ordering Philly Cheese Steaks because they are awesome. Sometimes I even order the lesser California Cheese Steak but they just aren't as good. Anyway on Saturday my wife were in the area and of new Philly Cheese Steak restaurant. So we decided to go, I have wanted to go for several months but Jenny doesn't like that type of sandwich as much as I do. We went and when I walked into the restaurant I knew I was a place that was meant for me. Meat and cheese and bread oh my! I was in food heaven. The City Weekly said that this restaurant is the most authentic cheese steak in the valley. I had to find out for myself. I ordered the Philly Bleu, I Philly cheese steak with bleu cheese. Oh man it was delicious. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since I ate it. Especially when the heart burn set in. It was totally worth it though. If you want to go, and don't have another person to go with I will go with you. Even if I just ate I will eat again. So head on down to the DP Cheesesteaks and have yourself the most authentic cheese steak in Utah. I wish I had one right now.

 

 

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: