2.22.2010

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.7

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.7

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

I hope everybody had a lovely weekend. I know Jenny and I did. On Thursday I returned to my house around 10 PM not to go to bed but to sit down in front of our computer and try to figure out how to get these stupid models calibrated so I can finish the results of my thesis. Well sometime around 2:00 AM I decided I had better get to sleep. It was about that time that it hit me and I figured out to get the data from one end of the river the other. I was super excited and just sat in bed starring at the ceiling visualizing myself inputting the data. I looked a lot like Lindsey Vonn does when she visualize her runs (Not mentally stable). I woke the next morning around 9 and sat back down in front of the computer. I took a break to eat some food to watch Gigi do some stuff and to use the restroom. Around 6 PM my dad came and got Gigi so I didn't have to tend her while Jenny went out visiting people. What a fine time to go do that. Doesn't she know this is the last week of the month? Anyway, both Jenny and Gig returned home around 8 when I took a break to eat dinner and listen to the Jazz game. There was a lot of shouting and angry from my mouth that. Jenny spent most of that day proof reading what I had already written and she was a good sport about it (I didn't proof read this letter just let you sample a little bit of what Jenny had to proof read). My thesis is roughly 60 pages so you can image how angry she was inside. I still was not done at 1:00 AM so we decided that we better get to bed and start again in the morning. I woke up 10 AM and sat down to work on the beast again. Around 2 PM I was done the models had worked and I had written results. Jenny finished proof reading the feces and I submitted it to my professor around 5 PM. Today I am going over the revisions he has for me. And I thought it was perfect. Who am I kidding it will never be perfect I just hope it is good enough for my committee to say to me, "That'll do pig. That'll do."  

 

Trivia Time: The best Super Bowl half time show was Chubby Checkers good call everybody. This week's question is for how long can one person sit and listen to the Get Up Kids before that kid gets up does something else?

 

Beat the Odds Tip: Standing is the key to strong legs, sitting is the key to a fat behind.

 

I thought that you all would the Acknowledgments I put at the beginning of feces. I didn't thank my wife, Gigi and family like a typical person would do. I thanked the Get Up Kids for making such delightful music so I could stay awake and keep working on my thesis. I thanked the Jazz for going on a winning streak during these past few weeks. Also the six pack of Mountain Dew I received for my birthday from my bother has helped out more than you can imagine. Because if it weren't for these things things you would probably be hearing stories of a man wondering around Little Cottonwood mumbling crap about climate change and how we are going to burn. I think that is how Big Foot stories got started. Really every year it is just some student working on his thesis or dissertation and they go crazy. Trying to survive in the woods away from the society that caused them so much grief and turmoil. I am reminded of a song when I start to have these thoughts it goes like this.

 

Butterfly in the sky
I can go twice as high
Take a look
It's in a book
A Reading Rainbow

I can go anywhere
Friends to know
And ways to grow
A Reading Rainbow

I can be anything
Take a look
It's in a book
A Reading Rainbow
A Reading Rainbow

 

 

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: