5.03.2010

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.17 (So cold and hungry)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.17

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

This past weekend was the first weekend that I had some guilt free relaxation in 2010. It is funny because ever weekend thus far this year I should have done homework or worked a little bit harder on one of my projects but alas I just sat around and played with my daughter or recently I have been doing yard work. But this past weekend, due to the weather and other factors I didn't go outside and when I was inside I had some guilt free relaxation because hey I am done with school and there is no need to worry about stupid this or stupid that. I can just put up my feet and relax. It is a pretty sweet life I have now. Like the song says, "I wanna Rock N Roll all night, and party every day." Now I can without feeling guilty. I can pleasure read, instead of forced reading of text books. I can pleasure watch TV instead of pleasure watching TV with guilt as my spooning partner (Now Jenny is my partner she a lot more cuddly than guilt). I am done with college and I am not afraid to tell everyone I come in contact with. I tell the people at the local grocer I tell the people that make me lunch and almost always they respond with a look of gratitude. Not gratitude that I have a degree from a university but gratitude because they know this conversation will only last but a few moments.

I would like to thank the following individuals and items for their support during my long collegiate career. First and foremost my parents since they have been there since I began book learning, my wife because she made me go to school on days that I just wanted to stay in bed and breathe. My daughter because she got me out of extended study sessions, and at least one presentation. My family for making fun me and also encouraging me to remain humble. Really without some of the jokes concerning my scholastic endeavors I might have become one of those academy nuts that only wants to talk about pressing issues in a really snooty tone. I would like to thank co-workers that made life easier. I would like to thank the McDonalds Brothers for starting the fast food revolution years ago. Even though I am now opposed to most forms of fast food, those establishments ensured that I didn't starve. Because let's face it frozen burritos take time. Time I didn't have. That reminds me, I don't want to thank time or money because now that I have a college degree I am both deficient in time and money but I am better at managing both. I would like to thank my brain and body for not quitting on me even when it was tired or sore. Finally I would like to say thank you to computers because they made my life more streamlined. Just let you all know that this was an acceptance speech I wrote because I won an award from the Department of Civil Engineering this past year. However, upon receiving the award I was not allowed to recite my speech. I received the award "Most Wanted Student", nobody really knows what it means but I think it is because I helped keep the curve down. Nobody likes smart people, people like average people. That is what I am, average and that is fantastic because half of the people are dumber than me. "Think of the average dumb person. Now realize that half of the people are dumber than that person." –George Carlin.

 

Trivia Time: Yes the Jazz probably would have won 60 games if they played with a little more heart like Karl tells them to. This week's question is what is more likely to happen, me hitting a home run in the World Series or CJ Miles out performing Kobe Bryant?

 

Beat the Odds Tip: Being sitting in a cold room is only good if you have a blanket

 

I only have one more thing to add. This past weekend Jenny and I went and saw City Island and it was really good. It is a movie and it is only playing at one theater here in the valley but it is worth the trip the heart of South Salt Lake to the Century 16 theaters. The movie is a story about family that has very poor communication skills with silly consequences. I will leave it at that telling you all to enjoy.

 

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

 

No comments: