4.26.2010

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.16

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.16

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

I just wanted to say that I have to hang my head in shame because I doubted the Jazz. Much like a meteorologist trying to predict the weather I used some past data and made a guess. My guess was wrong, much like meteorologist's guesses are usually wrong. The Jazz have played like a championship caliber team. I have been very impressed with their demeanor on the court. They haven't once fallen victim to the Thuggets style of play. It reminds me a lot of this team I was on as a senior in high school. As a senior I had the opportunity to play on one of the best basketball teams since the initiation of the sport over a hundred years ago. It was a team full of kids that weren't the best at anything but we were the best at having a good time. My dad was the couch and he came dressed up in a sports jacket and had the game plan in hand. We only had two plays, one was a half court shot by whoever was bringing the ball up, and the other was a Billy Yang spin move (Please note that this play didn't have a shot attempt it was just him spinning, while dribbling and yelling, "spin move." It was meant to confuse the other team and usually worked). Our season started off strong because the team we played said they were going to score 100 points and hold us to less than ten points. We lost 98 - 13. Suckers we beat the point spread. The season's climax was our only win of the season when we played a team that had illegal players on it so they had to forfeit. We played a game against them anyway; you know to keep our skills sharp. At one point in the game a player from our team got tired of getting pushed in the back. So he turned around with the ball and gave it to the kid who was pushing him and said, "Here if it is that important you can have it." The kid then returned the ball at a much higher velocity hitting our player in the back of the head with the ball. That was the end of the game. The headlines read, "Team wins with unusual game plan." I think that video of our season must have made it to Jerry Sloan because it looks like they are using some of our plays. The point is that was the best $30 I have ever spent.

 

Trivia Time: Nobody knew that when you mix Jenny and a sandbox you get, "Pure Imagination." I don't know what was going on in her head but it sure seemed pretty awesome. This week's question is, what would the Jazz's record have been if they would have played all of their games like games 2-4 of this playoff series?

 

Beat the Odds Tip: If you are going to get a cut on your hand make sure it is not in between the knuckles.

 

So this is the week of my little girl's birth. She will be a one year old and she already has more maturity then her father. She has been the best thing I have done since the day I married her mother. The event that was previously number on list before getting married was the senior year basketball team. Before that was probably when I learned how to ride a bike or something, I don't really know I am drawing a blank. Anywho, Gigi can walk and she can stretch she can kick too and she is only one. I can't wait for her to start talking so I can teach her funny jokes, mostly troll jokes and jokes about real life situations. That way she can become a sitcom writer where the main character is one of those troll dolls. I think that show practically writes itself. I just hope that she grows up realizing that this world is full of greatness and it is only as great as we make it. And that she makes it 1,000,000,000 times better for me and her mother.

 

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

 

No comments: