8.30.2010

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.30 (It's pretty good I guess)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.30
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt
-Mark Twain

"Bam wham kabloowie" says Mother Nature this morning. Then I said the same and quickly apologized to Jenny. Really I don't think that I apologized but in my head I said sorry. That is just as good. But this morning as I heard the crazy rains, thunder and was blinded by the lighting I quickly decided that it would be better to slink back into bed rather than get up. As I lay in bed a smile crept onto my face as I thought, "Mother is telling us that we are on the cusp of sweater weather." I could almost hear my sweaters calling my name as I quickly put together my outfit this morning. I had to ignore them because although it was cold this morning it is still too early to wear sweaters. I love the sweaters I own, red ones, blues ones, mustard ones and brown ones they are all my favorites. We are about to enter the best time of any year. Baseball playoffs, college football, the NFL and the NBA will begin in two months. And don't forget the best part of this time of year, sweaters. I hope to be able to find a new sweater this year that really defines who I am. You know maybe a nice knit sweater with a wolf or a bear or maybe some sort of animal that doesn't take crap from nobody. In addition to sweaters I can start to legitimately wear my sweat pants and Jenny can't complain because hey it is cold outside. Often times when I wear something I think how did Jenny ever marry me? She is always so well maintained and most of the time I don't care what I look like (and it shows). I guess that is what attracts her to me, well it could be one of two things, my inability to match clothes together (she feels sorry for me) or a wild side that she has always longed to have. I like to think that is my animal magnetism, not my lack of color coordination. I am sure that Jenny is rolling her eyes right now and secretly calling me an idiot for even thinking that she likes any aspect of my wardrobe that she hasn't bought. Believe me since our union the amount of moneys that I spend on second hand clothing has been reduced by 98%. This is probably for the better. It is time I passed that torch to the younger generation.

Trivia Time: Manti was originally called Copenhagen. Why do cool things happen to cool people?

On the flip side summer is almost over and so is it time to reflect and ponder on the simple question, "What is it that I didn't get to do this summer that needs to be completed?" Let's see Lagoon did it, Seven Peaks did it, Camping did it (should have done more), fresh fruit milk shakes didn't do it, BBQs did them, and one thing I think makes any summer complete is hit home runs at the batting cages didn't do it. So apparently my summer is incomplete. I believe Jenny has some sort of coupon that will allow me to complete my summer in style. I must get to the batting cages and hit home runs until they kick me out or I run out of money. The point is people it is time to reflect on your summer figure out what you forgot to do and then do it. You don't want to go into fall with regrets because then winter comes and all you think about is how you wished you had a fresh fruit milk shake or how you just went camping one more time. Then depression sets in, then cabin fever sets in and once that happens you might as well not even get up in the morning because you have gone crazy. Then you turn into Mister Barnslow. And I quote, "I can still recall old Mister Barnslow getting out every morning and nailing a fresh load of tadpoles to the old board of his. Then he'd spin it round and round, like a wheel of fortune, and no matter where it stopped he'd yell out, "Tadpoles! Tadpoles is a winner!" We all thought he was crazy. But then we had some growing up to do." – Jack Handey

Have a good week I know I will
Eric Jones

No comments: