9.13.2010

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.32 (Let the first season begin)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.32
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt
-Mark Twain

It is often said that in order for a couple to stay together they should laugh together so I try to be fun and keep it fresh with my lady. One thing I do is say jokes but more often than not my jokes receive little to not reaction from Jenny. So this past week I had a clothespin in my hands and Jenny had on a shirt (which is uncommon) (or I mean common) (actually I don't really know what I mean, you can decide for yourself if it is a common thing or not if Jenny wears a shirt or not while at home but rules are rules) anyway, clothespin in hand Jenny shirt on. Ok, I took the clothespin and put it on the back of her shirt. Several hours later she discovered that there was a clothespin on her. So the next day I had the same clothespin and put it on her again. Once again it took her several hours to discover the pin. Later that night I put it on her shirt again and the next morning she rolled over in bed to find the pin in the sheets. She wanted to know how the pin got there so I yelled out 3 – 0. She was confused, I then explained the rules of Clothespin Hide on Significant Other League (CHSOL) phonetically you can just say Chesol and people will know what you are talking about (as long as you are talking to me or possible Jenny). After that she started to play I wiped the points from the board and she quickly got good at the game the score was 2 – 2 on Saturday morning but I quickly put the pin on her sleeve and waited the ten minutes then she found it however there is some discrepancy on my third point so I have been calling it 2 – 2. So here are the rules of Chesol, first you have to stick the clothespin on the person you are playing against. This is a two person or more game but the more people you have the more complicated it gets. The second rule of Chesol is that the pin has to stay on the person for 10 minutes in order to gain a point. If the person upon which the pin has been put finds the pin prior to the termination of the 10 minutes then the pinned person receives the points. We have not yet determined how many points are required to win the game but we do know is that the game makes for pure enjoyment. It is like the clothespin is not only being pinned on our clothes but it is pinning our joy too. I don't know what that sentence even means, all I know is that I am trying to come up with a slogan for this year's Chesol season. The season starts on Labor Day and ends on Thanksgiving.

Trivia Time: I can't put up week 1 results until the Monday Football games are over but they will be on the blog "manana." So this week's schedule will be attached like last week. Have fun with your guesses there were some upsets yesterday and could be some in the future.

So the air is changing and the fall colors are starting to come out which means several things. One of the things it means is that Fall TV is about to start up again. I am looking forward to this fall season because it will be the first Fall season in 22 years that I don't have to do homework (cough, cough) while watching the shows. I coughed while typing this last sentence because I intended on doing my homework but instead I just watched TV. Anywho, I should have said this will be the first fall season that I don't have to feel the guilt of not doing my homework while watching the new fall lineup. There are several new shows that I won't be watching and 4 of my returning shows that I will be watching for sure. If not live then on the internet Friday morning as I eat my cereal. The shows I have slated on my blackboard (not black berry I don't own one) are Modern Family, which starts next week, Parenthood which starts this week, Fringe next week and I saved the best for last 30 Rock which starts next week. Enjoy also there is Halloween and Jenny's Birthday in the fall. I am excited because Gigi can Trick or Treating this year, let the free candy begin!


Have a good week I know I will
Eric Jones

No comments: